Thread: Our own players to trade?

Our own players to trade?

Do we have depth enough anywhere to trade someone? How about CB now? Would you trade on of our corners? How about Dennard? He has a year left on his contract and it's highly doubtful we bring him back on the 5th year now.*

Blog Entries
    I still think we bring Dennard back unless he just stinks.

I honestly still think Dennard can be valuable in the slot. I really like the CB room if they would just jettison the a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Do we have depth enough anywhere to trade someone? How about CB now? Would you trade on of our corners? How about Dennard? He has a year left on his contract and it's highly doubtful we bring him back on the 5th year now.*
    For what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    For what?

Trade for Ty Nsekhe from the Redskins

Take this one for whatever it might be worth. From Mary K Cabot, best described as the Cleveland Brown's female version of Hobson.

PHOENIX -- Marvin Lewis didn't slam the door shut on the Bengals trading quarterback AJ McCarron to his close pal Hue Jackson at the NFL Annual Meeting's AFC coaches breakfast Tuesday morning.

"We might have to set a precedent,'' he said with a laugh when asked if the Bengals would make the first-ever trade trade with the Browns and ship the backup quarterback there.

Seriously, though, would the Bengals even consider trading their backup quarterback, who's made it clear he wants to play?

"He's a valuable player on our team,'' Lewis said. "No one has asked to trade him. We're not going to go out and seek a trade for AJ McCarron. Any interest that way would be evaluated based on the other interested team.''

When a reporter suggested he ask for the No. 12 pick, Lewis quipped "how about No. 1?''

Jackson has already ruled out that price for a QB. But would friendship be thicker than AFC North blood when it comes to McCarron and the Browns? Afterall, Lewis' friend is struggling and really needs a quarterback. McCarron, whom Jackson coached and has always liked, wants to start somewhere.

McCarron and the Browns are a match made in NFL heaven, except for that AFC North-foe thing and the long and storied history of the Browns and Bengals.

"That's not my decision to make,'' Lewis said.

A couple of tables away, Jackson also wasn't ready to rule anything out. Given the Patriots' apparent reluctance to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, the Browns have to explore other options. Jackson can't mention McCarron's name because of tampering rules, but he's clearly not saying never in this instance.

"Again I don't want to get into it,'' Jackson said. "Because that's another team and talking about another player. I think you guys know all kind of trades do happen. Regardless of what team it is, what division it is. Normally the saying (is), 'if the price is right, people do whatever you need them to do. So I think anything is a possibility until it's not.''

So you're saying there's a chance?

A source close to the Bengals highly doubts that Bengals owner Mike Brown would send a potential franchise quarterback to the Browns, but even Bengals director of player personnel noted at the NFL Combine that they'd listen to offers from any team. He indicated, however, that the price would be steep.

"He plays a very valuable position -- backup quarterback -- and you're always one play away from going to your backup quarterback," he said. "We view our team as a team that can challenge, whether that's universal or not, we view our team as a team that is in the mix to challenge, and if you don't have a viable No. 2 quarterback that you can go to and win with, you can tank your entire season, so he's a very valuable piece of what we do."

Given the close relationship between Jackson and the Bengals, it's likely the Browns have already at least inquired.

"If somebody wants to call and talk to us, call and talk to us, but they're going to find out that we value AJ McCarron quite a bit,'' Tobin said.

McCarron, a fifth-round pick of the Bengals out of Alabama in 2014, has told the Bengals he'd welcome a trade. Sitting behind Andy Dalton just isn't cutting it for him anymore.

"I definitely wouldn't be distraught at all," he said. "Like I told Marvin [Lewis] and my coaches in my exit meetings, I appreciate everybody in this organization. From the bottom of my heart. They gave me a chance when a lot people wouldn't. They've all treated me unbelievably.

"I really do care for every one of them and respect all of them. This place will always have a special place in my heart."

When a reporter suggested he ask for the No. 12 pick, Lewis quipped "how about No. 1?''
    I have to admit, I appreciate the moxy.