Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals’ Carlos Dunlap: “I don’t see the plan”

This tweet captures my frustration entirely:

https://twitter.com/34inXXIII/status/842024505111388161

Gone since wild card debacle vs PIT: M. Jones, Sanu, Whitworth, Zeitler, Peko, Burkhead

Still here: Pacman, Burfict, Hill, Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I thought so. I'd just never seen a word like "Bengalsiest" from you before lol.
    Where do u see that? Don't think it was from me

With the exception of Burfict, I'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Where do u see that? Don't think it was from me
    You must have a doppelgänger out there then. It was on PFT comments:

thewanderer says:
    Mar 15, 2017 8:43 AM
    I don’t know the plan either, but:
    Losing a 35 year old tackle, when you invested two high draft picks in the position, shouldn’t be a problem.

The Browns overpaid Zeitler, but that’s a situation where their cap roll-over plan is supposed to benefit them. Instead, the Bengals let one of the better guards in the league walk (despite the Bengals interior O Line struggling last year).

Losing Dansby (old), Hunt (stinks), Peko (old and stinks), and Burkhead (aggressively average) are nothing to worry about. Adding Smith gives Fisher a little more leeway to learn and grow into a solid right tackle.

The plan is to let their recent draft picks develop and use the upcoming draft to make the team better. Is it a good plan? Time will tell. Is it a very Bengals plan? The Bengalsiest.

With the exception of Burfict, I'd agree.
    Just saying, the ones who were most responsible for the melt-down in emotional maturity and handling their business from the Wild Card game are still here, and that says volumes in the locker-room, I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Just saying, the ones who were most responsible for the melt-down in emotional maturity and handling their business from the Wild Card game are still here, and that says volumes in the locker-room, I am sure.
    I just don't think a personal foul on a bang bang play, from really the one-player who single handedly refused to loose, put the team on his back, and got us back in that game is really blame-worthy.

The fact that Adam is not only still on the team but was made a captain, on the other hand, demonstrates how totally out of touch Marvin Lewis is.

I am not saying let Burfict go, but he is a part of what happened. And when you add Pac to it, and Marvin still being here, and the others gone, it does speak volumes.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand why people think it was OK not to match Whits deal. Bengals should have immediately matched it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Other than losing Whit I think everything has gone as I've expected for the most part.

was hoping for Rex to stay but wasn't expecting it.

I thought they'd have signed more than one outsider so far.

but that's about it.
    Completely agree.

You must have a doppelgänger out there then. It was on PFT comments:

Oh yep not me lol