Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals’ Carlos Dunlap: “I don’t see the plan”

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I don't understand why people think it was OK not to match Whits deal. Bengals should have immediately matched it.
    It's been said they offered $10 million with some incentives that would push him to about $11 Mil, but they only offered one year.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I don't understand why people think it was OK not to match Whits deal. Bengals should have immediately matched it.
    It guaranteed $15M even if he only plays one year, which is the most likely outcome since he turns 36 this season.

I know people like to act like cap space isn't an issue at all and the Bengals are just being cheap, but the numbers matter and impact what you can do at other positions.

I don't think there's any team that goes into FA willing to keep a player regardless of the cost. They all have a number in mind that they won't go higher than.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    It guaranteed $15M even if he only plays one year, which is the most likely outcome since he turns 36 this season.

I know people like to act like cap space isn't an issue at all and the Bengals are just being cheap, but the numbers matter and impact what you can do at other positions.

I don't think there's any team that goes into FA willing to keep a player regardless of the cost. They all have a number in mind that they won't go higher than.
    His 15 million this year wouldn't impact us at all this year.

It is hard to see any actual plan where Jones & Maualuga are still on the roster. Period.

5. IMO, no reason to cut Maualuga right now. He's cheap and solid depth at the worst. If they draft Foster and sign one of these other guys that visited, Maualuga probably just gets cut in camp.

As for Pacman, if they cut him it won't be until post-June 1 because his dead money goes way down then.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    IMO, no reason to cut Maualuga right now. He's cheap and solid depth at the worst. If they draft Foster and sign one of these other guys that visited, Maualuga probably just gets cut in camp.

As for Pacman, if they cut him it won't be until post-June 1 because his dead money goes way down then.
    I totally disagree re: Rey, they should have already cut him and allocated those funds to 1 of the LB's that has visited.

As for Pacman - they could have cut him already and designated it a post June 1st cut. But everything I read from their "mouthpieces" leads me to believe they are not even planning on cutting him. It is a freaking joke.