Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Hobson's Choice: double major in philosophy, economics

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Wow, that was way too much Hobson. He seems fine in small doses, but that was too much to take in one sitting. A few random observations...

    Hobson can't even spell BPA. In fact, he doesn't even give it lip service. Actually talks about passing on better prospects to address needs the team refuses to address in FA as if one questionable decision somehow justifies the other. What's that you say? Reach badly for a player at #9? Well, he's still a 1st round draft pick, right?

    He even takes the need thing so far as to suggest the draft could be freed up so much to take a player who has no defined position. Peppers at #9? Why not? Because, special teams matter. Not to mention Darren Simmons, Bobby Shore, and old time hockey.

    From Adam Jones to Joe Mixon, Hobson has no opinion he'll share because he refuses to judge people. Because apparently that's a pledge he took when he became a journalist....to leave his personal opinions out of it.

    Trade down? Sure, because everyone looks the same when you're blind. Trade up? Not if it'll cost you a James Wright, Clinton McDonald, or Clayton Fejedelem.

    Best? Marvin may be incapable of winning a playoff game but without him the Bengals would have to do without the last loss of the season. So as a fan ask yourself what that extra game is worth. At least your team is competing...unless you don't consider an 0-7 record to be competitive.
    That is a tremendous takedown.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Wow, that was way too much Hobson. He seems fine in small doses, but that was too much to take in one sitting. A few random observations...

    Hobson can't even spell BPA. In fact, he doesn't even give it lip service. Actually talks about passing on better prospects to address needs the team refuses to address in FA as if one questionable decision somehow justifies the other. What's that you say? Reach badly for a player at #9? Well, he's still a 1st round draft pick, right?

    He even takes the need thing so far as to suggest the draft could be freed up so much to take a player who has no defined position. Peppers at #9? Why not? Because, special teams matter. Not to mention Darren Simmons, Bobby Shore, and old time hockey.

    From Adam Jones to Joe Mixon, Hobson has no opinion he'll share because he refuses to judge people. Because apparently that's a pledge he took when he became a journalist....to leave his personal opinions out of it.

    Trade down? Sure, because everyone looks the same when you're blind. Trade up? Not if it'll cost you a James Wright, Clinton McDonald, or Clayton Fejedelem.

    Best? Marvin may be incapable of winning a playoff game but without him the Bengals would have to do without the last loss of the season. So as a fan ask yourself what that extra game is worth. At least your team is competing...unless you don't consider an 0-7 record to be competitive.
    Who's Bobby Shore?

    You mean Bobby Orr? Or Eddie Shore?
    Both were great Boston Bruins of yore. (see what I did there?)

    And don't sleep on Fedj - he's gonna be good!

  3. #13
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,094
    I don't read the Hobson's Choice stuff. As every question seems to start with verbal fellatio of Hobson's ego, I assume that is a prerequisite for getting your question answered. I don't like the sucking up.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    I said in another thread that the way they have been talking leads me to believe they have no intentions of cutting him. It is truly baffling. Of course it was baffling that he was ever given a "C" on his jersey too. They got a lot of good play out of him for a small price, but it was time to cut ties the day the most recent arrest came to light. IF you didn't pull that trigger on that day, then the day the video was released, then certainly you cut him (at least if you are 31 of 32 NFL teams you do).
    It makes some sense. Maybe they are hoping he gets an 8 game suspension. Then you get him week 9 when you know whether or not WJ or Dennard are any good and get him half price. If Dennard and WJ are great then you can just cut him then.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Who's Bobby Shore?

    You mean Bobby Orr? Or Eddie Shore?

    Who knows what I meant? Would it surprise anyone to learn I'm usually the last one to know?

    As for Boston Bruins of yore, I'll take Derek Sanderson every time. True story. I remember as a kid watching a Bruin game when a fan leaned out of the stands and smacked Sanderson in the face with a rubber chicken. Sanderson promptly jumped the wall, scrambled on skates through a dozen rows of fans, and after catching the guy promptly beat the rubber chicken wielding assailant nearly half to death on live television. The guy was a real life Hanson brother.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    It makes some sense. Maybe they are hoping he gets an 8 game suspension. Then you get him week 9 when you know whether or not WJ or Dennard are any good and get him half price. If Dennard and WJ are great then you can just cut him then.
    In no way does it make sense for me. It is embarrassing. If they had cut him immediately, you could draft Mixon. You draft Mixon after the enormous miscalculation of putting up with Pacman's a-hole behavior, and you are once again the Bengals who don't care who plays for them as long as you get it cheap and at a value.

    I hate it. I honestly think the decision making about Pacman is idiotic and completely indefensible.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Two LBs in the draft suddenly elevates for me the likelihood of taking Reuben Foster in round 1. He's a blue-chipper at a position of need, but even I'm surprised to see them list that need X2. I guess with losing Dansby, Roach retiring, Flowers never amounting to much, and (hopefully) Rey M getting cut, that's up to 4 spots.

    In that light, 2 in the draft and one in FA make sense, at least.
    I don't think the two LBs means it's more likely they take one in the first round. Especially if they sign a starting caliber guy in FA.

    It just says to me that Maualuga is very much on the cutting block and they aren't real optimistic on the fringe roster guys like Flowers and Dawson.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    I said in another thread that the way they have been talking leads me to believe they have no intentions of cutting him. It is truly baffling. Of course it was baffling that he was ever given a "C" on his jersey too. They got a lot of good play out of him for a small price, but it was time to cut ties the day the most recent arrest came to light. IF you didn't pull that trigger on that day, then the day the video was released, then certainly you cut him (at least if you are 31 of 32 NFL teams you do).
    Nah, Steelers would promote him to assistant coach.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Who knows what I meant? Would it surprise anyone to learn I'm usually the last one to know?

    As for Boston Bruins of yore, I'll take Derek Sanderson every time. True story. I remember as a kid watching a Bruin game when a fan leaned out of the stands and smacked Sanderson in the face with a rubber chicken. Sanderson promptly jumped the wall, scrambled on skates through a dozen rows of fans, and after catching the guy promptly beat the rubber chicken wielding assailant nearly half to death on live television. The guy was a real life Hanson brother.
    Lol not surprising. As much as everyone I knew wanted to be Bobby Orr growing up (me included) Derek was the man - long hair, flashy clothes, women. He was something.

    Had a rough life but it seems like he's turned it around a bit. But he was full throttle for awhile.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    I don't think the two LBs means it's more likely they take one in the first round. Especially if they sign a starting caliber guy in FA.

    It just says to me that Maualuga is very much on the cutting block and they aren't real optimistic on the fringe roster guys like Flowers and Dawson.
    I think you're right. Really other than Tez, Vinne and Vigil, the cupboard is bare. Crazy how it wasn't too long ago that Dawson was drafted, and Marvin said in an interview that Flowers was the most physically gifted Lb they had.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •