Thread: Take This with a grain of salt. but would you?

Take This with a grain of salt. but would you?

Mike Clay
    @MikeClayNFL

Bold draft-weekend trade possibility: Jeremy Hill to the Eagles (or maybe the Patriots?) for a late-round pick (after CIN drafts a back)
    12:02 PM - 13 Mar 2017

Clay followed it up by including Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks, a player that's seemingly always in trade rumors.

Follow

Mike Clay
    @MikeClayNFL

Bengals actually need some LB help, too, so Kendricks/Hill-based deal could be something to watch for.
    12:03 PM - 13 Mar 2017

If we got a new back, sure?

Right now we got a guy with a busted tire, and a guy with a busted psyche, and that's about it. I think whatever UDFA we take at RB (as our second addition in the "draft") is pretty much already guaranteed a roster spot. Look for guys like Christoper Carson from OSU there.

On draft day, we are on the clock and Fournette is there? Heck yeah!

4. Getting anything for J Hill would be gravy. He's walking after this year anyway, and all indications are they're taking a back somewhere this year.

Agree with Jason too... if Fournette or Dalvin Cook is the best guy at 9, icing on the cake.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Jeremy is still really good in short yardage and in the redzone and really doesn't get paid much. For those reasons I'd keep him. Now if you draft a fournette then you probably can rely on him in those situations and can trade him. But I wouldn't trade him just to get a late round pick.

We usually keep 4 running backs.

There's plenty of room on the roster for a rookie or 2, Bernard and Hill.

7. That 4th back has been Ced Peerman for a long time, who was just an ST guy. If that role is done by a guy who plays a different position, they may only keep 3 RBs.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    That 4th back has been Ced Peerman for a long time, who was just an ST guy. If that role is done by a guy who plays a different position, they may only keep 3 RBs.
    True. But if they went with 3 RBs after trading Hill, it would be Gio Bernard (coming off a torn ACL and not a lock for Week 1) and two rookies.

Why trade away the only healthy RB on the roster for peanuts?

I think the way it will play out is we draft a RB in the 3rd round or so as a key guy who we mix in for 2017 and likely replace Hill with in 2018. And we also draft a Peerman replacement in the 6th/7th round (like a Rex Burkhead or Boom Herron type with some offensive upside and immediate special teams ability).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    On draft day, we are on the clock and Fournette is there? Heck yeah!
    Agreed. Like I said in the other thread, I'm not passing on a blue chipper. Doesn't matter what position they play.

Also, put me in line behind happyrid because as much as I dislike Hill I wouldn't give him away. A late round pick packaged with a veteran LB the Eagles have been trying to give away sounds like a sports writers idea of a fantasy or an interactive time waster to share with fans.