Thread: 25-Year Playoff Run Ends

1. 25-Year Playoff Run Ends

It began in 1991 and featured four Stanley Cup championships, six Cup finals appearances, a half-dozen Presidents' Trophies, 33 playoff series victories and 190 playoff wins.

Made the NHL playoffs.
    Consecutive.
    Seasons.

Twenty.
    Freaking.
    Five.

I would like to tip my cap to the Detroit Red Wings. Two of their Stanley Cups came when they were the Yankees of hockey, buying up all the best talent. Their rivalry with the Colorado Avalanche (think: the Red Sox of hockey) in the late 1990s was the stuff of legend.

Stevie Y, Nicklas Lidstrom, Brendan Shanahan, Mike Vernon, Chris Osgood, The Russian Five, Kris Draper, Pavel Datsyuk, Hank Zetterberg... i could go on, but I'll leave you with Darren McCarty kicking the ever-loving **** out of Claude Lemieux and providing the final spark that set the Wings up for their first title run during thig this 25-year run:

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

That is pretty impressive. The Spurs playoff streak of 20 games in basketball is more impressive to me.

But that still nevertheless is a great run, even though technically they didn't make the playoffs in 2004-2005 (but then again, nobody did because the whole season was cancelled).