Thread: Roy Williams gets his payback

Roy Williams gets his payback

After Dez Bryant refused to carry his pads in training camp, Roy Williams finally got his payback. When he was invited to a dinner Bryant was throwing for the offense, Roy secretly invited the defense to join them as well and forced Bryant to foot a $54,000 tab. Haha! Get some, rookie!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5626300

Let's not bother debating if this causes any sort of rift between them or in the locker room. This is good natured ribbing of a veteran on a rookie. This sort of thing happens all the time and I'm sure the whole team got a good laugh out of it.

Spent more than an average of $1,000 per player on the team. That's nuts! That said, I think the smarter thing to do would be to save some of that, at least until there is a new CBA. Sure, it's his money to spend as he pleases, but depending on where he's living, that's about half a years rent/mortgage payments he spent on dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Spent more than an average of $1,000 per player on the team. That's nuts! That said, I think the smarter thing to do would be to save some of that, at least until there is a new CBA. Sure, it's his money to spend as he pleases, but depending on where he's living, that's about half a years rent/mortgage payments he spent on dinner.
    Not sure if I read this correctly somewhere, but I thought they said all the rookies chipped in on this dinner. If that is the case, sounds like the media really is trying to drum up some controversy in big D. We all know the Cowboys locker room issues is great for TV interest. Maybe TO wasn't completely at fault.

I didn't see the tidbit about all the rookies sharing the bill, but I agree on the stirring up controversy bit. I think part of the controversy is people wanting to point out and villify a bunch of guys excessively enjoying their money while so many others are jobless. My view is it's their money, they earned it, they can spend it as they please. I do think it would have been smarter for them to save it though, especially with a looming lockout. Otherwise I have no problem with them spending what they did on dinner.

These kinds of stories are lose-lose. Even as we free-market capitalists argue for the right of these idiots to spend their $ willy-nilly, everyone looks bad. Owners for paying, players for whining, fans for purchasing, and the media for supplying the ugliness we all crave. Gotta love it!

Agreed. I think stories like this come out more to piss people off than anything. Really, there's no actual point to the story other than to point out that these guys spent a crap of money on dinner.

BTW, welcome back! We missed our Braun Eyed girl!