Blog Entries
    QB: Dalton, McCarron
    RB: Mixon, Hill, Gio, Peerman
    WR: Green, LaFell, Ross, Boyd, Malone
    TE: Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, Hewitt
    OT: Ogbuehi, Fisher, Winston
    OG: Smith, Boling, Westerman
    OC: Bodine, Dielmann

I think those 23 are locks to make the roster. We likely keep 1 more WR which comes down to Core and Erickson. For me it's not even close. Keep Core. They also likely keep another OL. Likely comes down to Johnson and Hopkins unless they sign someone.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    QB: Dalton, McCarron
    RB: Mixon, Hill, Gio, Peerman
    WR: Green, LaFell, Ross, Boyd, Malone
    TE: Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, Hewitt
    OT: Ogbuehi, Fisher, Winston
    OG: Smith, Boling, Westerman
    OC: Bodine, Dielmann

I think those 23 are locks to make the roster. We likely keep 1 more WR which comes down to Core and Erickson. For me it's not even close. Keep Core. They also likely keep another OL. Likely comes down to Johnson and Hopkins unless they sign someone.
    Agree with those 23. I think TJ Johnson is basically a lock too. They just signed him to 2 years, $3.5M. With his workout bonus, $500K of that is guaranteed. I think he's actually safer than some of the other backup OL in your 23 too. Core over Erickson for the last spot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Agree with those 23. I think TJ Johnson is basically a lock too. They just signed him to 2 years, $3.5M. With his workout bonus, $500K of that is guaranteed. I think he's actually safer than some of the other backup OL in your 23 too. Core over Erickson for the last spot.
    May be safer than Westerman, but we have to have Winston because we have no other OT on the team. Dielmann will be kept as well. He can probably play 4 positions.

May be safer than Westerman, but we have to have Winston because we have no other OT on the team. Dielmann will be kept as well. He can probably play 4 positions.
    That's where having A.Smith comes in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    That's where having A.Smith comes in.
    So then if a OT get's hurt you move your starting OG there? They have to have a backup OT on the roster who isn't starting at another position. Winston is a lock.

while I don't think winston gets cut, I also don't think he's the only option.

You of course have Ogbuehi and Fisher as your starters.

Winston and Smith as backup options. Same with Hopkins, who may end up being the immediate backup at LT.

I imagine Dielman will also be an emergency option, and Boling also has past OT experience.

It's now an awe inspiring group to be sure, but there's options.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    while I don't think winston gets cut, I also don't think he's the only option.

You of course have Ogbuehi and Fisher as your starters.

Winston and Smith as backup options. Same with Hopkins, who may end up being the immediate backup at LT.

I imagine Dielman will also be an emergency option, and Boling also has past OT experience.

It's now an awe inspiring group to be sure, but there's options.
    Has Hopkins ever played OT? I've only heard about him as an OG.

Has Hopkins ever played OT? I've only heard about him as an OG.
    He played some at Texas, and I recall him playing OT in a pre-season game for the Bengals... just don't recall when. Might have been last summer, in an attempt to show some versatility since he's been on the bubble since he's been here.

I also wouldn't sleep on Alex Redmond... Alexander likes him. And I heard or read somewhere re Westerman that he had some difficulty with the playbook last year... so while I think he's stronger and more talented than TJ, TJ has shown he's good enough to capably fill in at both C and G in "real" games. Westerman was on the 53 but he was never active... TJ was active for most games, IIRC.

also, I wouldn't rule out a post June 1st pickup.

John Baines‏ @johnthebaines 6h6 hours agoMore

Replying to @John__Sheeran @GeoffHobsonCin
    8 active OL is rare for @Bengals (start of '15 & '12)2016: 7.9 avg active; 10.9 total roster (incl. PS)2015: 7.3 avg active; 9.6 total