Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 2 round options

First 2 round options

This is it for me. Pretty straight forward. I know others will have names but for me it's DE or WR in round 1. Then hopefully an OL in round 2. If not then a RB

Round 1
    DE-Thomas
    DE-Allen
    DE-Barnett
    WR-Davis
    WR-Williams
    WR-Ross

Round 2
    T-Bolles
    OL-Lamp
    T-Ramczyk
    RB-Mixon
    RB-Cook
    DE-Charlton
    LB-Foster
    RB-Kamara
    TE-Miami TE whose name I can't spell
    LB-Davis

Thomas in the first and Engram in the second would probably be my favorite possible outcome. Or One of the WR trio if somehow they fell to 41.

If they don't get a DE in the first, 2nd round should be prime territory as there are a lot of interesting edge rushers and one should fall given the depth of the position.

TJ Watt, Taco Charlton, Derek Rivers, Carl Lawson, Terrell Basham, Jordan Willis.

I really like WR Chris Godwin in the 2nd or 3rd round. Has the size and speed we're looking for and wouldn't cost a first.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    If they don't get a DE in the first, 2nd round should be prime territory as there are a lot of interesting edge rushers and one should fall given the depth of the position.

TJ Watt, Taco Charlton, Derek Rivers, Carl Lawson, Terrell Basham, Jordan Willis.

I really like WR Chris Godwin in the 2nd or 3rd round. Has the size and speed we're looking for and wouldn't cost a first.
    So would you rather go Barnett-Godwin or Davis/Williams/Ross-Watt/Lawsonetc?

I'm back and forth on Barnett. Some of you guys are definitely scaring me a little on him.

My dream would Thomas in the first, no question.

In the second, if we got him in the first, my dream would be one of:

Jarrad Davis
    Reuben Foster
    Corey Davis
    John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    My dream would Thomas in the first, no question.

In the second, if we got him in the first, my dream would be one of:

Jarrad Davis
    Reuben Foster
    Corey Davis
    John Ross
    Aren't you an Engram guy too?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Aren't you an Engram guy too?
    Yeah, he'd be in my second group after the one above, with guys like Lamp (who might even be first, but I'm still being a baby about having to draft OL).

Thomas in the first and Engram in the second would probably be my favorite possible outcome. Or One of the WR trio if somehow they fell to 41.
    I like that as well. I love Thomas but he's not a true edge rusher like, say, Barnett is. And he's a tweener, which concerns some teams. Good thing is, he's versatile enough to play end and inside as well, and he's smart, eager, and his intensity is off the charts.

Re: Engram he's got WR speed, great size, and for a TE he's a great route runner. If they're going for a receiver, I'd prefer Corey Davis if he were available at 2. May happen.

I worry about Engram blocking. I kind of dismissed him because of his size. Seems to be pretty amazing though in terms of a big receiving threat.

So would you rather go Barnett-Godwin or Davis/Williams/Ross-Watt/Lawsonetc?

I'm back and forth on Barnett. Some of you guys are definitely scaring me a little on him.
    I'm back and forth on it as well and don't have a strong preference. It's just so tough to say without knowing which of the Edge guys will be there at 41.

I might lean slightly towards Barnett because it gives you more flexibility in the 2nd if one of the top OTs slides or if Cook or Mixon is there. I think they want DE so badly that if they go WR in the 1st they'd feel like they almost had to go DE in round 2.

But in general, I would like to see DE and WR/RB in some order with the first two picks. And then two OL, a LB and another RB/WR in the mid-rounds.