Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 2 round options

1. Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I like that as well. I love Thomas but he's not a true edge rusher like, say, Barnett is. And he's a tweener, which concerns some teams. Good thing is, he's versatile enough to play end and inside as well, and he's smart, eager, and his intensity is off the charts.

Re: Engram he's got WR speed, great size, and for a TE he's a great route runner. If they're going for a receiver, I'd prefer Corey Davis if he were available at 2. May happen.
    Someone I was talking to made a great point. Thomas would play the RE in the base D and move to DT in the Nickel. So essentially he still makes a tremendous impact even if he can't be an edge because he plays so many snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Someone I was talking to made a great point. Thomas would play the RE in the base D and move to DT in the Nickel. So essentially he still makes a tremendous impact even if he can't be an edge because he plays so many snaps.
    What also intrigues me about that would be if you get Thomas to then grab another OLB/DE tweener like a TJ Watt.

Tweeners in the first two rounds might be risky but you could then have a base front 7 of:

Dunlap-geno-billings-Thomas
    Burfict-minter-Watt (with vigil backing up all 3)

And a nickel D of:

Dunlap-Atkins-Thomas-watt
    Vigil-minter/burfict of some combo of the 2 of them.

If both picks panned out that front 4 would be nasty in the nickel right??

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    What also intrigues me about that would be if you get Thomas to then grab another OLB/DE tweener like a TJ Watt.

Tweeners in the first two rounds might be risky but you could then have a base front 7 of:

Dunlap-geno-billings-Thomas
    Burfict-minter-Watt (with vigil backing up all 3)

And a nickel D of:

Dunlap-Atkins-Thomas-watt
    Vigil-minter/burfict of some combo of the 2 of them.

If both picks panned out that front 4 would be nasty in the nickel right??
    Yes, Thomas with, ideally, a Joker who could pass rush would literally be my creme de la creme of possibilities. I wonder if there's a chance that Reddick could fall. Speaking of dream scenarios. But yeah, give me Thomas and Watt and I'd pretty much give the draft an A no matter what happened after that.