Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Bold Predictions-Bengals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I've watched less guys so far this year than I have in any year recently, but I toss out a few minor ones:

While I haven't watched him yet (probably going to tonight), I'm calling D'Onta Foreman as a RB taken by the Bengals. They showed a high level of interest in him.

I'll also call QB Gunner Kiel as a UDFA signing.

I'll also call no WR drafted by Bengals in first 3 rounds.

And while not a shocker since it's only happened twice, I call no trade ups.
    This I 100% agree with. I think fans see that as a much bigger needs than the Bengals actually do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bohannon View Post
    1. Davis is the pick at #9. They have been "smokescreening" everyone (including Hobs, b/c he clearly couldn't be counted on to be in on the ruse)
    2. NYJ don't go QB at #6. They give up #39 & #150 for A.J.
    3. 2 Buckeyes end up Bengals - Curtis Samuel & Pat Elflein (extra bold prediction - Elflein starts game 1 at C)
    4. Zane Gonzalez is a Bengal
    5. Marvin does 2 uncomfortable giggles during interview during ESPN's draft coverage.
    Davis might not go in the first round. I doubt he goes top 20.

Cleveland will trade up from 12 to take a QB. The question is do they want to get in front of the Bills or the Jets? If the Bills, we will trade down from 9 to 12 if no one slips.

I feel pretty confident that pick #9 (barring a trade) is one of these names:

TE OJ Howard
    WR Mike Williams
    DE Taco Charlton
    DE Derek Barnett

if they happen to slip:

DE Solomon Thomas
    DL Jonathan Allen

yea I know, hard to go wrong when you give yourself 6 names for a top 10 pick lol. I just don't see anyone else. I'm not buying the Ross talk. Howard I can see because of Eifert's longterm future. Williams would be a BPA pick if they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I feel pretty confident that pick #9 (barring a trade) is one of these names:

TE OJ Howard
    WR Mike Williams
    DE Taco Charlton
    DE Derek Barnett

if they happen to slip:

DE Solomon Thomas
    DL Jonathan Allen

yea I know, hard to go wrong when you give yourself 6 names for a top 10 pick lol. I just don't see anyone else. I'm not buying the Ross talk. Howard I can see because of Eifert's longterm future. Williams would be a BPA pick if they do it.
    One of the safeties or Fournette might fall if a couple QBs go high too.

Most years I think I can narrow things down pretty easily to a handful of guys, but this year is really tough because any of the consensus top 7 (except Garrett) could fall (Thomas, Allen, Fournette, Lattimore, Davis and Hooker). And after those 7, it's so wide open and we don't really know how the Bengals feel about Howard, Davis, Williams, Barnett, Charlton, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    One of the safeties or Fournette might fall if a couple QBs go high too.

Most years I think I can narrow things down pretty easily to a handful of guys, but this year is really tough because any of the consensus top 7 (except Garrett) could fall (Thomas, Allen, Fournette, Lattimore, Davis and Hooker). And after those 7, it's so wide open and we don't really know how the Bengals feel about Howard, Davis, Williams, Barnett, Charlton, etc.
    yea I guess Fournette should be included as well.

Not Bengals, but I'll say Watson is the first QB off the board.

regarding possible trades, Marvin today saying he doesn't think all 11 draft picks are likely to make the team.