Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Bold Predictions-Bengals

Draft Bold Predictions-Bengals

So this isn't meant to be regarding specific players but more just concepts.

I.E.:

I think most of us will be more excited about our 2nd rounder than our 1st. I think our 1st will be a little of a reach and our second will be a steal.

In the first 3 rounds there will be a guy available that most of us here want, and will pass on him.

At some point in the middle rounds we will pick someone that makes a lot of us say "who?".

We won't draft a kicker.

We draft a CB in the first 4 rounds even though I think it's unnecessary.

What are yours??

I saw a blurb on WalterFootball yesterday that got me excited and in which I choose to believe:

Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

We're going to have a much better idea of whom the Bengals will be targeting at No. 9 prior to next Thursday. I'll be much more confident next week, but we've heard that Marvin Lewis has very high regard for Solomon Thomas. As of now, I think he'll be the pick if he's available. He'd make sense for a Cincinnati squad that struggles to pressure the quarterback on the edge.

Thomas is mocked widely at No. 2 to the 49ers, and he could go that high. However, we've been told by some teams that they don't view Thomas as favorably. He's a pretty polarizing prospect, and he has a wide destination range as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I saw a blurb on WalterFootball yesterday that got me excited and in which I choose to believe:
    We trade AJ Mac, and our #9 pick for the #2 pick and get Thomas! yeah... right

Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    We trade AJ Mac, and our #9 pick for the #2 pick and get Thomas! yeah... right
    This was a mock that had Thomas falling to us at 9. The other bit of frequent murmuring I'm reading from a lot more sources than just Walter is that the press holds Thomas in higher regard, and he's seen as a Tweener, and is not at all a lock to go in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    So this isn't meant to be regarding specific players but more just concepts.

I.E.:

I think most of us will be more excited about our 2nd rounder than our 1st. I think our 1st will be a little of a reach and our second will be a steal.

In the first 3 rounds there will be a guy available that most of us here want, and will pass on him.

At some point in the middle rounds we will pick someone that makes a lot of us say "who?".

We won't draft a kicker.

We draft a CB in the first 4 rounds even though I think it's unnecessary.

What are yours??
    I think several of those happen every year.

Some I'll add:

- We take a runner by the end of the second day (round 3 or earlier). Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were Mixon at 41, as I think MB has "greenlighted" him.

- Agree on taking a CB, especially since it's a rich group. Guys rated lower this year would have been higher in previous years. Not sure if it'll be by round 4, but it'll happen at some point.

- They'll draft a developmental QB to challenge Driskill - possible #2 down the road.

- They will take 2 OLs in the 11 picks.

- They won't draft a PK since the guy they like will have been picked earlier, but they will sign at least one guy as a UDFA.

This was a mock that had Thomas falling to us at 9. The other bit of frequent murmuring I'm reading from a lot more sources than just Walter is that the press holds Thomas in higher regard, and he's seen as a Tweener, and is not at all a lock to go in the top 5.
    He doesn't fit the prototype, especially for a top 10 guy, so I could see that. And, he only has a few years of playing experience in college, which could count against him. Let's hope - either he, one of the 2 safeties, or Foster are the top wishes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    He doesn't fit the prototype, especially for a top 10 guy, so I could see that. And, he only has a few years of playing experience in college, which could count against him. Let's hope - either he, one of the 2 safeties, or Foster are the top wishes for me.
    On the flip side he is very young, which I know we like (Barnett is even younger, btw).

On the flip side he is very young, which I know we like (Barnett is even younger, btw).
    Right.

JuJu is really young, too. Just sayin' for Hair's sake.

1. Davis is the pick at #9. They have been "smokescreening" everyone (including Hobs, b/c he clearly couldn't be counted on to be in on the ruse)
    2. NYJ don't go QB at #6. They give up #39 & #150 for A.J.
    3. 2 Buckeyes end up Bengals - Curtis Samuel & Pat Elflein (extra bold prediction - Elflein starts game 1 at C)
    4. Zane Gonzalez is a Bengal
    5. Marvin does 2 uncomfortable giggles during interview during ESPN's draft coverage.

I've watched less guys so far this year than I have in any year recently, but I toss out a few minor ones:

While I haven't watched him yet (probably going to tonight), I'm calling D'Onta Foreman as a RB taken by the Bengals. They showed a high level of interest in him.

I'll also call QB Gunner Kiel as a UDFA signing.

I'll also call no WR drafted by Bengals in first 3 rounds.

And while not a shocker since it's only happened twice, I call no trade ups.