Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Draft Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    These names don't bother me at all. We need a guy with some juice off the edge and I'd rather take the risk on an athlete vs. settling for a non-impact guy who is safer.
    I just want Mixon. Then worry about edge

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Kpass has a ton of holes in his game and he is a huge project. You can't take a player like that before the 4th.

You're free to your own opinions, but Bob McGinn's survey of NFL scouts and front office personnel doesn't agree. They have him as a solid 2nd rounder and #7 DE:

7. TANOH KPASSAGNON, Villanova (6-7, 286, 4.80, 2): Two-year starter at DE in a 3-4. “I compared him to Julius Peppers, the basketball player that’s still raw,” said one scout. “He could turn out to be the best of all of them because of his height, arm length (35 5/8), hand size (10 5/8). This would be like an Al Davis pick.” Compared by one scout to Sean Jones, the Raiders’ second-round pick from Northeastern in 1984. “Sean Jones had some stiffness,” the scout said. “This guy is a lot more athletic. He and Myles Garrett might be the two best athletes of the group.” Finished with 105 tackles (37 ½ for loss) and 22 sacks. “You want a small-school guy to at least flash at the Senior Bowl,” said another scout. “He definitely did that. You can’t draw them up any better than the way he looks.” From Ambler, Pa. “Man, I think he’s a long ways off,” a third scout said. “He’s huge but the instincts are off. Not a natural football player.”

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I just want Mixon. Then worry about edge

I'm perfectly fine with that as well. Love Mixon's talent and there's enough depth at edge rusher to wait until the 3rd.

I also don't mind drafting best available DE at 41 and waiting until the 3rd or 4th for somebody like Kareem Hunt.

Blog Entries
    And the last sentence there is why I don't want him. Lacks instincts. A long way off. That isn't a 2nd round pick. They even said he has some stiffness up there. I would hate him in the 2nd or 3rd with so much talent in this draft. I wouldn't even really like him with our first 4th rounder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with that as well. Love Mixon's talent and there's enough depth at edge rusher to wait until the 3rd.

I also don't mind drafting best available DE at 41 and waiting until the 3rd or 4th for somebody like Kareem Hunt.
    I just don't think any other RB can touch Mixons talent. Top 10 talent imo. I think the game between him and the 3rd round RB is much much larger than the gap between the 2nd and 3rd round DE

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    I only want Tanoh if he is the second DE we draft and we do it 4 or later. He is a project. He is another Hunt. I am done with early projects. Give me a guy who is already a player. Willis, Lawson, Basham and maybe Rivers are guys at DE I'd he happy with today.
    Testify.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    The big argument against Green Bay and Mixon is they are a much more character-oriented team. I can't think of many risks that Ted Thompson has taken in that regard.
    I think every team has a few character risks, and GB has Letroy Guion... but you're right, they tend to stay away from those guys.

Which makes it interesting because the best 2 backs, both of whom would help them are Mixon and Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think every team has a few character risks, and GB has Letroy Guion... but you're right, they tend to stay away from those guys.

Which makes it interesting because the best 2 backs, both of whom would help them are Mixon and Cook.
    They could shock as and take another back I like, Kamara.

Blog Entries
    Reports are GB may take Kizer

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    They could shock as and take another back I like, Kamara.
    Great point. I think my favorite draft might be Lamp now and Kamara in the 3rd.