Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best available Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Just heard Lapham on 1530 talking about Day 2. It was kind of rambling and he didn't really say much definitively at all about what he thought they might do the rest of the draft.

The two possible takeaways:

1. He didn't seem to think OL in round 2 was going to happen. Mentioned targeting depth guys later.
    2. He said the Bengals would be interested in trading back if anyone called since a lot of the top players available are DBs and possibly the QBs.
    That makes me think they don't have such a high grade on anyone that they have to have them at 41. Kind of like what I said earlier today about a lack of definition between 32 and 100.

Mixon could fall but I love Willis now lol.

Just heard Lapham on 1530 talking about Day 2. It was kind of rambling and he didn't really say much definitively at all about what he thought they might do the rest of the draft.

The two possible takeaways:

1. He didn't seem to think OL in round 2 was going to happen. Mentioned targeting depth guys later.
    2. He said the Bengals would be interested in trading back if anyone called since a lot of the top players available are DBs and possibly the QBs.
    I think this is the problem with relying so heavily on the coaches to pick the players. I do think it's not a terrible idea but Alexander has his projects. He went to bat for Bodine, Ogbuehi and Fisher and he will let the rest of the team burn to prove he was right about them.

Blog Entries
    We shouldn't take an OL yet. Probably not till at least the Comp 4th and I'd prefer to wait till the comp 5th

RB and DE in some order seems to make the most sense today.

With the 8 picks on Saturday, they can take multiple OL, LB and add more depth/competition at DL, RB, K, DB, etc.

Hoping they don't take a DB today, though with the depth and talent at that position, I could see them being very tempted.

RB and DE in some order seems to make the most sense today.

With the 8 picks on Saturday, they can take multiple OL, LB and add more depth/competition at DL, RB, K, DB, etc.

Hoping they don't take a DB today, though with the depth and talent at that position, I could see them being very tempted.
    I think that if Robinson or Lamp are there that makes the most sense. We currently have 1 competent starter on the O line.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    We shouldn't take an OL yet. Probably not till at least the Comp 4th and I'd prefer to wait till the comp 5th
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I think that if Robinson or Lamp are there that makes the most sense. We currently have 1 competent starter on the O line.
    They are going to give Ced and Jake every chance to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    They are going to give Ced and Jake every chance to succeed.
    Thats all well in good but there are 2 other spots on the line even if they make it. And its a HUGE IF for atleast one of them.

yea I'd be very surprised at OL at 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    yea I'd be very surprised at OL at 41.
    Doesnt mean it wouldn't be the right call. The line is the most important thing in football other than QB. And ours by any measure is in the bottom grouping of the league. I think people are understating how bad this line can be. It was bad AND we lost our top 2 guys and added a guy who wasn't great at RT to somehow play RG well.