Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 100 Players

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Right. I'm holding out for Mike Nugent, though.
    Now THAT is what you call an optimist. Lol

Green may never be the best wide receiver in the game, but he is consistently right on his heels, and in 2016 only Julio Jones gained more yards per route run than Green did in an injury-shortened season. Green has caught 69.5 percent of the passes sent his way over the past two seasons, and been in the top four in yards per route run each year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-the-top-50-nfl-players-for-2017/

Last edited by Bengals1181; 06-07-2017 at 08:44 PM.

43. Geno Atkins, DI, Cincinnati Bengals

Since injuring his knee, Atkins has still never quite hit the heights we saw from him back in 2012, where he was effectively Aaron Donald before Aaron Donald was on the scene, but he has come close to approaching that play again. Over the past two years, Atkins has 25 sacks and 164 total pressures to his name and remains one of the league’s most consistent interior pass-rushers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...yers-for-2017/

I haven't watched one episode of the NFL Network's version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    This year or ever?

I usually watch the first episode or 2, then I just record them and only watch if a Bengals player is in, then only for the Bengals player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    I have never watched an episode either. I feel pretty sure it will always have too few Bengals, too many popularity picks, and the Bengals making the list will be ranked too low.

FWIW Andrew Whitworth clocked in at 36 on PFF's Top 50.

click the timestamp for the interactive gif.

Pro Football FocusVerified account @PFF Jun 5More

A.J. Green has been deadly on the deep ball for the @Bengals. A look at his most effective routes

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    FWIW Andrew Whitworth clocked in at 36 on PFF's Top 50.

Speaking of Whit, I read an article about their new HC, McVay. It was by the folks at MMQB... interesting reading.

Whit was quoted in the article as speaking with McVay about a missed first down for offense vs. defense that would have resulted in the offense scoring. Sure enough, after viewing the tape, Whit was right and McVay was saying what a competitive guy Whit is. McVay ended up apologizing to the offense and addressing the team, since the defense won 2-1 vs. the original 3-0 score.

In the article, one of the coaches also spoke w/McVay about reducing some of Whit's OTA snaps, which he figured wouldn't go over well with Whit. I also saw an article re: Patriots and it looks like Rex is catching a lot of passes from Brady in OTAs. Sounds like Brandin Cooks is killing it already.