View Poll Results: What will the Texans record be at season's end?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8 or fewer wins

0 0%
  • 8-9 Wins

1 20.00%
  • 10-6 No playoffs

1 20.00%
  • 10-6 wildcard

1 20.00%
  • 11 wins or better

2 40.00%

Thread: Texans season predictions

Texans season predictions

With the Texans already in the toughest division in the NFL, and going against a tough division in the NFC East, how does everyone think they'll end up in the winn/loss column? Personally I think they are going to end up 11-5 and make the playoffs. Thoughts?

We've only been 9-7 once, 8-8 twice, and we have never made the playoffs, so if I say 10 wins and a wildcard I'm saying we're going to exceed everything we've ever done. I wouldn't be surprised if we did, but the AFC is so loaded that I don't know. Are we one of the six best in the conference? There's Baltimore, Indy, NYJ, San Diego, who I think are all better than us and will likely all be there in January. I don't know 100% that we aren't better than Pittsburgh who will miss Ben for the first quarter of the year at least. I don't think Cincy or Miami are guaranteed better than us. We might be able to go 9-7 and make the playoffs or maybe 10-6 if all the cards fall the right way. We still have questions on our line and in the running game. I think 10 wins is unrealistic until I see how they play the first couple weeks.

It won't take long to find out. They start with the Colts at home, Redskins in Washington and Cowboys in Houston. If you want to be the an 11-5 team, you have to win at home, no matter who you're playing. I will go so far as to say that no team has a bigger week 1 game than the Texans, since it's against their nemeses, the Colts. If they win at least 2 of those first 3, they have a very real shot at starting 5-1. But I don't see it. I would guess a 1-2 start and lose 1 of the next 3 (Oak, NYG, KC) to start 3-3. Just my opinion, I know they aren't the Texans of old and as long as Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub stay healthy 11-5 is possible, but they are going to have to beat the Colts at least once, against whom they are 1-15 all-time.

1-15 against the Colts, that hurts, the Texans are the only team that can make it a legitimate game. When those two teams play against each other it has playoff energy and The Colts know that the Texans have the talent to beat them but they need to control the gameclock and keep the mistakes to a minimum.Peyton is the master of the 2-minute drill and that can't be taken away from him so this may be the season where we start with a victory over the Colts and start the second half of the season with our second victory over the Colts (Cushing) as we march to the Plyoffs for the first time in Texans History.

The Colts always seem to beat us off a costly turnover or a failed attempt in the red zone by us. So many of our games have been so close and we always cough it up in the final minutes.