Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Non-Bengals Thread

Yeah, I could run for 1000 yards behind the Dallas O-line.

wow lol.

De'Aaron Star Fox‏ @BallFromGrace Aug 11More

Patriots still can't escape the shadow of Aaron Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Still has the best o-line in football in front of them. Before Elliott had his great season last year, DeMarco Murray set league records too yet hasn't done much of anything since he left Dallas. There's a reason for that.
    Not to dispute the point about the Dallas O-line, but DeMarco had a great year last year.

OBJ having trouble walking after a low hit against Cleveland tonight.

Patriots releasing Kony Ealy just months after trading for him. Word is he wasn't transitioning to their new system well. IIRC, Carolina is one of the most similar systems to us in the league. Would he not be an instant upgrade of DE quality if we signed him and cut MJ? Or Will Clarke? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Patriots releasing Kony Ealy just months after trading for him. Word is he wasn't transitioning to their new system well. IIRC, Carolina is one of the most similar systems to us in the league. Would he not be an instant upgrade of DE quality if we signed him and cut MJ? Or Will Clarke? Or both?
    Interesting... I'd read that he was on the trading block, which of course the Pats denied. Must have been true.

Anyway, yeah I'd definitely bring him in to kick the tires. Just remember the SB game when he was dominant, but he hasn't approached that since. He's a really good athlete for the position... but Carolina not re-signing him and then NE letting him go does get the ears up a bit.

He's only 25. The Patriots wanted him to fill the old Rob Ninkovich role but by all accounts Ealy never fit.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in Cincy with Chris Smith in stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    He's only 25. The Patriots wanted him to fill the old Rob Ninkovich role but by all accounts Ealy never fit.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in Cincy with Chris Smith in stripes.
    I had the same initial thought, I'd be happy giving him a shot but not at the expense of Chris Smith. I don't think they'd bring in Ealy to replace MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    I had the same initial thought, I'd be happy giving him a shot but not at the expense of Chris Smith. I don't think they'd bring in Ealy to replace MJ.
    They wouldn't. But they should. Personally, given my choices, I'm happy to let Jordan Willis start as base RDE now and cycle he and Smith (and, I suppose Lawson if his snaps come at the expense of a DE's on pass rushing downs). Ealy could be last DE on the team, and I think you upgrade the overall skill/depth at the position.

With MJ, it's addition by subtraction no matter who replaces him.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    They wouldn't. But they should. Personally, given my choices, I'm happy to let Jordan Willis start as base RDE now and cycle he and Smith (and, I suppose Lawson if his snaps come at the expense of a DE's on pass rushing downs). Ealy could be last DE on the team, and I think you upgrade the overall skill/depth at the position.

With MJ, it's addition by subtraction no matter who replaces him.
    Jets signed him and I saw on Twitter that 5-6 others also put in a claim. Lions, Giants, Skins, Cards and one or two others. Bengals didn't.