Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Roster and Team Bengals V Brown

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    it's never as simple as you like to make it.Why are these guys still on the street (hint, they all have bad injury histories)? 31 other teams haven't signed them either. Further, signing them now guarantees their salary for the entire year. So signing them now gives a guy who is new to your system with an extensive injury history a guaranteed contract whether he makes the team or not. It basically becomes dead money that hinders your ability to re-sign part of your core players.Some of the guys you list were also benched or moved positions on their former team. So while they are former starters, they aren't necessary potential starters.That said, I'd be interested in Clady at some point. It would be a vet minimum or slightly higher deal at the right time though, and it seems right now isn't the right time or one of the 31 other teams would have signed him.
    It's not as complicated as you are trying to make it. These guys are still on the street because most teams addressed their line issues. Ryan Clady doesn't improve most NFL rosters. When you are starting Ogbuehi and crossing your fingers Clady is an improvement at least when it comes to depth. The logic behind none of the other 31 teams has signed him so he must not be good is so inherently flawed I am not sure how to even get into it. But if that were true no current free agent would do anything in the league this year, and we know that's not true.

    Signing them now doesn't guarantee their contract. They have to make the 53 man roster.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    It's not as complicated as you are trying to make it. These guys are still on the street because most teams addressed their line issues. Ryan Clady doesn't improve most NFL rosters. When you are starting Ogbuehi and crossing your fingers Clady is an improvement at least when it comes to depth. The logic behind none of the other 31 teams has signed him so he must not be good is so inherently flawed I am not sure how to even get into it. But if that were true no current free agent would do anything in the league this year, and we know that's not true.

    Signing them now doesn't guarantee their contract. They have to make the 53 man roster.


    Feel free to "get into it". I'm intrigued at what you could possibly say to back that up.

    theres no way all 31 other teams think they have their Oline solved. Why would you think that????

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Feel free to "get into it". I'm intrigued at what you could possibly say to back that up.

    theres no way all 31 other teams think they have their Oline solved. Why would you think that????
    We have one of the worst lines in the league if not the worst. Most people have addressed the line this year.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/OT

    There is the tackle spot. Can you name me a team that hopes to contend who has a worse set of tackles?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    We have one of the worst lines in the league if not the worst. Most people have addressed the line this year.

    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/OT

    There is the tackle spot. Can you name me a team that hopes to contend who has a worse set of tackles?


    Well that that wasn't the question. The claim was that the other teams had no need for them so they shouldn't be criticized for not signing veteran OL.

    i can't profess to know which teams are better off at OT than the Bengals and which aren't.

    I DO KNOW there's a reason that 31 other teams haven't signed those players either.


    i also know that the Bengals aren't the only team that has question marks on their Oline.

  5. #25
    The reason they have not been signed is because other teams have better depth and these players are not deemed upgrades

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    The reason they have not been signed is because other teams have better depth and these players are not deemed upgrades

    I call BS.

    Oline play league wide is at an all time low. I'm willing to bet more than half the league has questions with their Oline depth.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I call BS.

    Oline play league wide is at an all time low. I'm willing to bet more than half the league has questions with their Oline depth.
    You would be wrong. I literally showed you the list. Most teams with issues either signed a veteran or drafted a LT early. We sat on our hands and crossed our fingers. It's not like these 3 guys are studs, but they are definite upgrades for us, partially because our line is in shambles. We have 1 spot on the line we can count on.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    You would be wrong. I literally showed you the list. Most teams with issues either signed a veteran or drafted a LT early. We sat on our hands and crossed our fingers. It's not like these 3 guys are studs, but they are definite
    upgrades for us, partially because our line is in shambles. We have 1 spot on the line we can count on.

    you continue to try to pass off opinion as fact.


    there is no way for you to prove that teams are satisfied just as there is no way to prove they aren't.

    the only proof is that not a single team Has tried to sign those three guys. You can try to claim that it's because every team not named Bengals is fine at OL but common sense says that is wrong even if there is no quantitative way to prove it.

    Quality OL play is at an all time low. If these guys were starter quality still, they'd be on a roster.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 06-30-2017 at 11:31 PM.

  9. #29
    You are also passing opinion as fact

    To follow your logic from your last line every player not on a roster currently is worse than all players on a roster. That's clearly untrue.

    And no one is saying they are certainly starter quality.
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 06-30-2017 at 11:54 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    You are also passing opinion as fact To follow your logic from your last line every player not on a roster currently is worse than all players on a roster. That's clearly untrue. And no one is saying they are certainly starter quality.
    no I am not. I made it very clear that there is no way for anyone of us to prove that we are right.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •