Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roster and Team Bengals V Brown

Roster and Team Bengals V Brown

What current roster and staff would you rather have for the long run Browns v Bengals?

Where are the Bengals better than the Browns?

GM
    Head Coach
    Coordinators
    QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    OL
    DL
    LB
    DB

If we are going position group by group I might be tempted to take Hue over Marvin.

Everywhere else I'll take the Bengals.

If by position give me their RDE and LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    What current roster and staff would you rather have for the long run Browns v Bengals?

Where are the Bengals better than the Browns?

GM- Bengals. Tobin has a nice eye for talent. Like the Browns approach to trades though.
    Head Coach- Push.
    Coordinators- Bengals.
    QB- Bengals. Not even close.
    RB- Bengals. Mixon>Crowell (who is in the final year of his contract). Gio over Duke Johnson.
    WR- Bengals. Again, not even close
    TE- Bengals. Eifert is proven. Njoku has a lot of upside, but is boom/bust type.
    OL- Browns. They've built an impressive OL, though they may have questions soon at both OT spots.
    DL- Push. Assuming we are counting Garrett as DE. He's going to be good. Aside from him, nobody stands out as anything special.
    LB- Bengals. Burfict is better than Collins.
    DB- Bengals. By a lot. Browns CBs are bad. Not sold on Peppers at S.
    I think this is Bengals by a landslide from this perspective.

But they are going to have six top-70 draft choices again next year and plenty of cap space to work with. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the answers to some of these look different in a couple years if they start hitting on some of these picks they've stockpiled.

I think currently it's Bengals from a talent perspective, although OL for Cle is better and they've got intriguing young DL players. I think DE Manny Ogbah really came on later in his rookie season, plus they have a lot of potential at other spots.

They need help at the offensive skill positions, but they're working on upgrading the talent pool. I expect to see a lot more from Corey Coleman this fall, and Njoku is a helluva receiving option.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think currently it's Bengals from a talent perspective, although OL for Cle is better and they've got intriguing young DL players. I think DE Manny Ogbah really came on later in his rookie season, plus they have a lot of potential at other spots.

They need help at the offensive skill positions, but they're working on upgrading the talent pool. I expect to see a lot more from Corey Coleman this fall, and Njoku is a helluva receiving option.
    Yeah, in terms of current roster talent, I give the Bengals a pretty big edge. Cleveland's only big advantage over us is their future assets.

In 2018 draft they could end having something like this:

#1 (Their own first)
    #15 (Houston's first)
    #33 (Their own 2nd)
    #45 (Philly's 2nd)
    #47 (Houston's 2nd)
    #63 (Their own 3rd)

That's a ton of draft capital, whether they stay put, move up, move down, etc.

They also are looking at carrying like $60M of cap space forward to next year with no key guys set to hit free agency. So they can add 1 or 2 more top outside FAs.

My take

GM-Browns for sure. They are doing incredible things there.
    Head Coach-Lean towards the Browns but not much. I like Jackson more than Lewis.
    Coordinators-Browns Hue Jackson is better than Zampese and Greg Williams is better than Guenther. The scenario of Williams being a psychopath and Jackson having to do both isn't ideal though
    QB-Bengals
    RB-Bengals the 3 at the top are better than the top 2 with the browns. Crowell might be the best of the 5 though right now. He's underrated.
    WR-Bengals
    TE-Bengals
    OL-Browns and it's not close. Brown's have a top 5-10 line and the Bengals might have the leagues worst.
    DL-Bengals now Browns are closing in. Their line is going to be solid.
    LB-Bengals
    DB-Bengals.

I don't see how you can put the Browns GM ahead of Tobin at this point.

I like how they've accumulated draft picks. But they haven't really hit on a single pick yet to this point, so how can you really feel great about them?

They've only had two drafts. The 2016 draft already looks shaky and obviously we have no idea about 2017.

I'd want to see at least one single draft pick really pan out before crowning anyone over Tobin, who has a hell of a track record.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    I don't see how you can put the Browns GM ahead of Tobin at this point.

I like how they've accumulated draft picks. But they haven't really hit on a single pick yet to this point, so how can you really feel great about them?

They've only had two drafts. The 2016 draft already looks shaky and obviously we have no idea about 2017.

I'd want to see at least one single draft pick really pan out before crowning anyone over Tobin, who has a hell of a track record.
    Last 4 drafts for Bengals have not shown much. And 2017 obviously we don't know much about.

Last 4 drafts for Bengals have not shown much. And 2017 obviously we don't know much about.
    I don't think it's realistic to judge a draft for at least 3 years. So, if guys like Ced and Fisher lay an egg this year, I think it's fair to rip the Bengals for that. Same for Quez who has battled injury and has been mixed when he has played.

The team actually seems to get good value from their later round guys... it's early picks (1-3), especially on the DL, that haven't panned out. Still, Thompson for the most part, Hunt, Clarke so far... just poor production overall. Clarke wasn't terrible last year, but you want more from a 3rd round guy and I wonder if that will happen, especially with Lawson and Willis here now.

The last five Browns drafts have yielded 2 quality starters, 3 first round picks no longer on the team and two more first round picks currently considered disappointments.