Thread: Coach Schwartz

Coach Schwartz

I can't believe that there are people out there that think the Lions may have the wrong coach. I believe in coach Schwartz and I think he is going to be a very good coach. He and Mayhew are doing a great job of rebuilding this franchise the right way. They have given us an identity with the D-line. If I had one critique it would be they haven't done enough for the O-line but if you name all of our good players they have been brought in by this new regime so can people please explain why people have given up on him already? That whole stat about worst start ever as a coach means nothing because no Coach in history started with a team as devoid of talent as the Lions when Coach Schwartz and Mayhew took over.
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

2. Jim Schwartz & Martin Mayhew have done a great job in getting the building process headed in the right direction. They started from ground zero, and you don't build a winner in one or two years when you start with nothing. Sometimes progress doesn't show up in the win column right away. Young players and players that haven't been on a winning team need to learn how to win in this league, and that takes time. The Lions need to improve their 0-line and the back end of their defense. They play a lot of man coverage and give up a lot of big plays because they don't have enough good cover people yet. I'm sure those areas will be addressed next year, and wins will soon come at a more frequent rate.

It took Millen (with Mayhew as part of his team, to be fair) 8 years to dismantle the Lions into the least-talented team in the NFL. The Schwartz needs time to grow a football team. Just give him time (you know the Fords will) and he will get it done.

We're 0-3. Let's get over it.

What's next?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

The Lions might not have the wins yet but they're passing the eyeball test. They look like professional football players this year which hasn't been the case in a while.

As long as Schwartz doesn't sexually harrass Best he looks like a solid coach to me.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    The Lions might not have the wins yet but they're passing the eyeball test. They look like professional football players this year.
    Moment from the Detroit/Philly game. Vick breaks the pocket and scrambles, elects to not run out of bounds, gets killed and spikes the ball on the field evoking a penalty. The Lions players involved in the hit on Vick? Delmas, Vanden Bosch and Suh (the two highest defensive draft picks the last two years and this year's big defensive free-agent signing).

Clem, you said it. The Lions look like a professional football team. With a bunch of warts, but still a professional football team. For the first time in recent memory, we are building from the inside out.

If you were a premiere defensive free agent, would you not look at this defensive front and think: "Hmmmmm? Can I make an impact here? Yup."

How many games will the Lions win this year? I DO NOT CARE. I really don't.

Building blocks, people. What's next?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I'm glad to hear that the informed football fans on this site agree with me. The future looks good.
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

Unfortunately, you have a good coach, and seem to be making good draft picks again (assumption, Stafford manages to stay upright for more then a game and half when he get's back)

We've just got to give it time. I like Schwartz and Co. I would like to see some risky plays called trying to get something done, but I guess you have to have your starting QB and an offensive line to do that.

I'm thinking they might finish strong this year. A few games down the stretch going in the win column.

Why aren't people selling "Use the Schwartz" jerseys?