Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Week 1: Ravens at Bengals Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    So, Eifert was targeted once for 4 yards. They couldn't scheme to get him open a few more times? Make Urban the OC.

#maybeoverreaction
    clearly Kroft is our #1 TE now

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    I left with a few mins left but any truth to AJ slamming his helmet and yelling at Dalton after the 4th INT??

he didn't yet at Dalton to my knowledge, but I did hear he threw his helmet against the wall.

That was a nightmare.

Problem is, the coaching staff sowed the seeds of this along with front office and are uniquely unqualified to fix this. I have no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That was a nightmare.

Problem is, the coaching staff sowed the seeds of this along with front office and are uniquely unqualified to fix this. I have no hope.
    Yup, the moment they brought back Marvin after the Pittsburgh playoff loss, no one could any longer pretend that this organization was actually committed to winning. Going all in on their ridiculous "money-saving" draft strategy that lost us our two best OL in exchange for proven liabilities simply cemented the deal...and you just can't tell me that the players on this team didn't see it all for what it was. The first aftermath of Pittsburgh, last season, is almost looking like a benchmark we won't even hit this year.

All this needs now is Brown to whine about stadium deal and needing a new stadium to kill the franchise in the city. People are done, I think , with this. Last time I had this little hope and care was 2002.

Oh, and one thing to add... I was hoping that the infusion of youth might provide a spark, but after seeing how ridiculously committed this team is to playing dud veterans over potential stars in the making nailed the coffin lid down tight.

On offense, it's pretty clear that we continue to have zero gameplan beyond: force AJ the ball (and if he's double covered or bracketed, oh well, you're screwed).

And let's not even talk about playing-to-lose-clock-management that literally blew up in our faces, once again, today.