Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 1: What Went Right, Wrong, and Sideways, Ravens

Week 1: What Went Right, Wrong, and Sideways, Ravens

have at it.

I really feel like all that matters is o-line and coaching.

can we go 6 lineman like in 2009? Need to do something creative, as we don't have the talent there to win straight up. Feels like Smith probably isn't the answer at LT but at the same time we know Ogbuehi isn't either.

When it comes to coaches, do we have anyone left worth anything? Guenther is ok, but not good enough to stop a new HC (hopefully) from cleaning house and bringing in his own guys.

Tackles are downright miserable

Play calling is just as bad

Dalton worst game of his career

D played decent. Geno made some nice plays. Lawson had a couple early pressures. Willis made a couple plays.

Marvin is a joke and has long passed outstayed his welcome. Seriously hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    I really feel like all that matters is o-line and coaching.

can we go 6 lineman like in 2009? Need to do something creative, as we don't have the talent there to win straight up. Feels like Smith probably isn't the answer at LT but at the same time we know Ogbuehi isn't either.

When it comes to coaches, do we have anyone left worth anything? Guenther is ok, but not good enough to stop a new HC (hopefully) from cleaning house and bringing in his own guys.

did they give Ogbuehi help once the entire game? That's my biggest shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post

did they give Ogbuehi help once the entire game? That's my biggest shocker.
    They did, right after a sack, Eifert​ chipped Suggs on AJs last catch.

so honest question, what was the offensive gameplan today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    so honest question, what was the offensive gameplan today?
    it can be hard for me to get a feel of it when at the game vs watching on TV, but I'm wondering if part of Dalton's issues were because the gameplan is simply to throw it as quick as possible. When the D knows it's coming out right away they can get hands up and jump into the passing lanes. The INT in the endzone to Lafell seemed like he didn't even look through the progressions and simply threw it fast to someone he thought might get open.

Maybe we need more roll outs or something, there's not going to be a clean pocket very much.

Marvin is a joke and it is an insult to the few remaining fans that this team has that he is still the coach.

Gator- that is absolutely the issue. The ravens know this team's routes because they are stale and the ball has to come out in two seconds or less. This is a bottomless nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorclaws View Post
    it can be hard for me to get a feel of it when at the game vs watching on TV, but I'm wondering if part of Dalton's issues were because the gameplan is simply to throw it as quick as possible. When the D knows it's coming out right away they can get hands up and jump into the passing lanes. The INT in the endzone to Lafell seemed like he didn't even look through the progressions and simply threw it fast to someone he thought might get open.

Maybe we need more roll outs or something, there's not going to be a clean pocket very much.
    Another possibility is that the team, given now 2 preseasons and 1 full season to see how bad Oghebui and Fisher are, don't believe their PR and instead know that for us to have any chance Dalton must get rid of the ball ASAP.