Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Week 1, Ravens: Post Game Notes

sack: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4I4u...1111/Play4.gif

I have no idea why Gio is blocking downfield on a pass play.

Per Lap, the Bengals were in the redzone 3 times Sunday, failed to score all three times. That only happened 9 times all of last year.

more lapham: "I saw wide receivers running into each other and falling down. Gio Bernard is the only guy who should have graded out well."

https://streamable.com/847ya

Someone posted this to reddit. It's the all 22 (or whatever) mashup of every Bengals pass play... Hope it posts right.

Edit... guess it won't embed...

Here's a link to the Reddit post. Some of the comments are interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/com...st_the_ravens/
    Last edited by mongo; 09-13-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Pass 1: Boling got dominated but dalton got it out quick for a 5 yard gain. If he waited any longer he would have been sacked.
    Pass 2: Bodine got absolutely owned, dalton had to throw it away. Also hopkins pulled and then had no one to block. I think some sort of miscommunication there.
    Pass 3: Fisher just let his guy go right through and neither Eifert or Gio did a good job picking him up. Sack and a hold I think.
    Pass 4: Hopkins absolutely owned, had to dump off to Mix that turned into a good gain.
    Pass 5: PA and line held up decently. Great play by the defender getting a hand on it and ravens get the INT. This one is on Andy but still a really good play by the defender.
    Pass 6: Did a PA rollout and no one came near Andy. Completion to AJ. Good play call.
    Pass 7: A little pressure on the interior but Dalton had enough time to hit Aj for a decent gain.
    Pass 8: Quick pass to Lafell. Another one of those where if Dalton didnt get rid of it quick the line would have been in his face.
    Pass 9: Another PA to AJ, line held up, first down.
    Pass 10: INT in the endzone. Just a really bad play by Andy. Line held up Okay but once again if he had to look for a second read probably would have been sacked.
    Pass 11: Line did okay, bad throw off the mark to Lafell.
    Pass 12: Hopkins pushed back but Dalton was able to hit Eifert or Kroft for 5. Another play where if he held it longer would have been hit or sacked.
    Pass 13: This was the first missed deep bomb to Core. Line was collapsing aroudn Andy. Didnt look like he could completely step into the throw. Still should have hit it, but with a better line I think he hits it more often than not.
    Pass 14: Quick telegprahed pass batted down. Not sure it was going anywhere anyways. Should have looked to another read but probably already gunshy.
    Pass 15: tackles actually held up okay, but all 3 interior guys owned by stunts. Sack.
    Pass 16: PA, line held up okay but no one got open and had to dump off to Hill.
    Pass 17: Line did fine, pass on outside to Boyd for first down.
    Pass 18: Line held up fine but no one really got open, got Aj close to a first.
    Pass 19: Ogbuehi got owned, sack fumble. Dalton probably should have tucked it and taken a sack, but still blame goes to Ced IMO.
    Pass 20: PA boot, wide open t hrowing lane for a quick 5 yard gainer.
    Pass 21: Another PA, line held up fine. Threw to AJ deep down the sideline but I thought it was clear PI they didnt call. Didnt look like anyone else even ran a route except maybe the WR on the opposite side. No routes to the middle of the field which dalton would have had a great throwing lane to. Blame the OC on this one.
    Pass 22: WR screen that had no chance. Suggs read it and maybe deflected. Wasnt going anywhere anyways.
    Pass 23: Quick dumpoff to Mix.
    Pass 24: Ced owned by Suggs for a sack.
    Pass 25: Line holds up, Andy hits AJ across the middle for a good gain.
    Pass 26: Line did well. Deep ball to Core. Still not sure if I blame Core or andy. I actulaly like that Andy threw it alittle inside becuase I think that gives the WR a chance to make a play vs throwing to the sideline. A couple yards farther though and probably a TD.
    Pass 27: Good time, but missed the throw on the sideline to Boyd.
    Pass 28: OVer the middle to Gio, dropped.
    Pass 29: Blitzed on the outside unblocked so andy had to get rid of it quick. Gio and Lafell ran slants essentially into each other which forced an incompletion.
    Pass 30: Quick pass to Eifert. TJ was getting pushed back into dalton so probably not much time to do anything else.
    Pass 31: Quick screen to Gio that he almost housed. good play.
    Pass 32: Ced owned again which forced a throwaway.
    Pass 33: Fisher owned by Suggs, probalby should have been a sack but andy somehow escapes. No one gets open when dalton scrambled.
    Pass 34: Ced beat again but Andy fines Lafell for short gain.
    Pass 35: Bodine beat and pushed into andys face on 4th down where Andy ends up throwing it away. No one even tried to get open it seemed.
    Pass 36: dumpoff to Mix
    Pass 37: last INT. Not really sure what happened as the screen is cut off.

Some notes. OLINE ****ING SUCKKKKSSS.

Other note- Play actions seemed to do the best at giving Andy time. Whether it was a regular PA or a bootleg. I hope we try to get the run game going, preferably with Mix and Gio tomorrow and use that to set up the PA which could help give andy more time. I think I counted 6-7 play actions and I think Dalton got touched once int he process.

Id also like to see them run that PA bootleg bomb to Aj or Ross that they did a few years back (cant remember against who) but it was one of daltons longest connections ever to AJ. I think it may have been against the Lions?? I want to see them try something like that tomorrow.
    Last edited by JBandJoeyV; 09-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Bengals: A false start to the season

posted by Lance McAlister - 3 days ago

• Shar

Overview: Ravens 20 Bengals 0
    Gamebook HERE

Well, nothing like all the offseason storylines/narratives/fears/concerns colliding in Week 1.

What an ominous feel to the season, already.

That is the best they could offer after training camp and preseason?

The first offensive play produced a false start by veteran Brandon LaFell. The first defensive series produced an offside penalty.

Andy Dalton had five turnovers, including threw three first half interceptions…. it was 17-0 at the half.

The OL got manhandled. The DL was run at again and again and again: 42 times for 157 yards.

Down 20-0 with 9:00 left in game, Bengals punted 4th and 9 at Baltimore 43? That is so Marvin.

4th & 5 on Baltimore 9-yard line w/ 4:40 left, Dalton threw incomplete out back of endzone?

Offense

All those weapons and zero points. Zero. None. That's a feat.

Andy Dalton (8 INT '16)…..3 first half INT's and 4 INT and a fumble for the game. Dalton picked in end zone, picked on deflection, picked on a tip at line of
    scrimmage, picked along sidelines. He fumbled when hit from behind on opening drive of 2nd half.

Dalton missed a WIDE open Cody Core down the sideline, overthrowing and not keeping throw in bounds.

His 28.4 passer rating is second-lowest of his career next to the 2.0 in a 24-3 home loss to Cleveland in 2014.

So much for fixing red zone woes: 3 trips, 0 points.

Tyler Eifert targeted once. Once?

I swear, I continue to have zero confidence in Ken Zampese.

The RB's rotated. That won't work.

Jeremy Hill nice 12-yard run on opening drive: 6 for 26 yard (4.3)

Joe Mixon got the call to begin 2nd drive. He had a nice catch, run and hurdle and had three catches on three targets. Rushing: 8 for 9 yards (1.1)

Giovan Bernard was in to start the 3rd drive. He picked up a facemask penalty on first carry: 7 for 40 yards (5.7). A 23-yard scamper up the middle with jumps and
    cuts and 39 yards on screen. Gio had the longest rush and catch on the day for Bengals.

Oh-Line: 5 sack day.…putting on pace for 80. Russell Bodine gave up a big pressure/Cedric Ogbuehi was called for hold on opening drive. Trey Hopkins injured his knee and was ruled out for the 2nd half. Depth killer. Terrell Suggs used and abused Ogbuehi for 2 sacks. 2 holding calls on Jake Fisher, 1 Ogbuehi. Ogbuehi clearly needs help and yet Ken Zampese didn't appear to give him any. I don't get it.

Defense

Joe Flacco, who didn't take a snap in the preseason, marched the Ravens down the field for a FG on the opening drive….starting 5 for 5 on short throws. The
    Bengals defense held in the red zone and forced a Justin Tucker 25 yarder, 3-0 Ravens, 4:47 1st Quarter. 13 plays/57 yards/7:54 drive. Danny Woodhead injured his
    hamstring on the drive and left the game.

Allowed drives of 13 plays and 17 plays.

Flacco and Jeremy Maclin burned Bengals on beauty of a pick play for 48- yard TD…untouched, 10-0.

Nick Vigil picked off Flacco to start the 2nd half, his first career INT. Carlos Dunlap deflected with great athleticism.

The Ravens ran 12 straight times on 18 play/9:38 drive ending in FG to make 20-0. There were 0 Flacco completions (0-2) on the drive.

Dre K dances a lot more than he seems to make plays.

Special Teams

Two short punts by Kevin Huber: 36, 35.

Discipline, or lack thereof:

9 penalty day for Bengals. Brandon LaFell was called for a false start to begin the game? Pat Sims called for encroachment on opening defensive stand for Bengals.
    3 penalties in first 4:00 of game: LaFell, Sims, Kirkpatrick (hold). 5 penalties in first 1.5 quarters. Andrew Billings personal foul.

What did you think of the game? Join us HERE.

Read more: http://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/la...#ixzz4sedSdLzW

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Pass 26: Line did well. Deep ball to Core. Still not sure if I blame Core or andy. I actulaly like that Andy threw it alittle inside becuase I think that gives the WR a chance to make a play vs throwing to the sideline. A couple yards farther though and probably a TD.
    FWIW the day after the Raven game I watched NFL Network's Omar Ruiz do a piece where he claimed to have overheard persons associated with the Bengals discussing this very play. According to Ruiz the person he overheard was livid about Cores route running, claiming Dalton threw to the correct spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    FWIW the day after the Raven game I watched NFL Network's Omar Ruiz do a piece where he claimed to have overheard persons associated with the Bengals discussing this very play. According to Ruiz the person he overheard was livid about Cores route running, claiming Dalton threw to the correct spot.
    i always felt like he tracked it poorly and then had to dive for it at the last second. You see guys dive long, but you should never have to see them dive inward if they track it right.

Not Raven's game related but close
    https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/s...36410036699142

Andrew Whitworth had 30 pass block snaps and didn't allow a pressure. It was his 32nd time at LT with 30+ pass blocks and 0 pressure allowed

Love the comments on reddit about this. "Andy probably got drunk and called him like 10 times on Sunday night"

Seriously its hard to believe that both Paul Alexander and Marvin Lewis would rather stick to their guns with Ced and lose their jobs at the end of year than acknowledge that they blew it and go to a contigency plan.