Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd

Crowd

I think this was already brought up but worth its own thread.

At 55K it was our lowest attendance for a home opener since 2011.

HOF mentioned in a previous thread that there are very few bengals fans left that give a **** mostly due to Marvin Lewis and his ineptitude. He refuses to make changes needed to become a better coach. Is a penalty of he first play of the season the most Marvin thing of all time?

My main point is unless there is a turnaround, which is possible, fans are gonna stop showing up even more. Well have 30-40k a game in November December if this team doesn't improve.

Would that be enough for MB to finally move on from ML?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    I think this was already brought up but worth its own thread.

At 55K it was our lowest attendance for a home opener since 2011.

HOF mentioned in a previous thread that there are very few bengals fans left that give a **** mostly due to Marvin Lewis and his ineptitude. He refuses to make changes needed to become a better coach. Is a penalty of he first play of the season the most Marvin thing of all time?

My main point is unless there is a turnaround, which is possible, fans are gonna stop showing up even more. Well have 30-40k a game in November December if this team doesn't improve.

Would that be enough for MB to finally move on from ML?
    We're lucky Marvin isn't under contract for next year. It's always been easy for Mike to just "not fire" Marvin, but I'm not sure even he could extend him if the season and attendance goes the way it's looking.

On a further note with crowds, all the late home games are against cities in driving distance so attendance may not get super low. We'll just have to deal with huge numbers of away fans.

I think one sure fire way Marvin finally gets canned is if we get swept by the BROWNS.

Mikey hates the BROWNS more than anything and that would likely be the straw that breaks the camel's back...

They looked good against the stealers yesterday--the BROWNS could have won that game.

I can't help feeling like this team will come to a crossroad long before the 3rd game of the season. They either flip the script against the Texans or IMO the bottom falls out from under this thing.

Players and coaches can talk all they want about how it was only one game, but fans are going to find it difficult to forget just how bad everything about the Bengals looked. They were so uncompetitive I found myself wondering aloud if the game was unwinnable when the score was 10-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I can't help feeling like this team will come to a crossroad long before the 3rd game of the season. They either flip the script against the Texans or IMO the bottom falls out from under this thing.

Players and coaches can talk all they want about how it was only one game, but fans are going to find it difficult to forget just how bad everything about the Bengals looked. They were so uncompetitive I found myself wondering aloud if the game was unwinnable when the score was 10-0 in the 2nd quarter.
    My head says it feels kind of silly to say that Week 2 is a must win. But I still agree with this point. It already feels like they need to right the ship Thursday or this season could spin out of control quickly. Just don't sense the confidence in this coaching staff/fanbase/team to bounce back from opening 0-2 at home.

Well, 0-2 at home leads to 0-3 as they won't be winning in Green Bay with this approach and o-line. So, yeah, Thursday is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    My head says it feels kind of silly to say that Week 2 is a must win. But I still agree with this point. It already feels like they need to right the ship Thursday or this season could spin out of control quickly. Just don't sense the confidence in this coaching staff/fanbase/team to bounce back from opening 0-2 at home.
    I've repeatedly mocked myself as being unrealistically optimistic. Well, I just had the last bit of optimism smacked out of me.

The opponent doesn't matter. This was always going to be about the Bengals and more specifically the House Money draft. The fate of this season was always going to rest on the offensive line, and as if to emphasize the growing rift with its own fanbase the Bengals braintrust ignored the loudest voices in its fanbase by doubling down on skill position players....while mostly ignoring the O line.

Point being, there was more than a game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I've repeatedly mocked myself as being unrealistically optimistic. Well, I just had the last bit of optimism smacked out of me.

The opponent doesn't matter. This was always going to be about the Bengals and more specifically the House Money draft. The fate of this season was always going to rest on the offensive line, and as if to emphasize the growing rift with its own fanbase the Bengals braintrust ignored the loudest voices in its fanbase by doubling down on skill position players....while mostly ignoring the O line.

Point being, there was more than a game on the line.
    I was optimistic but all along said we need two things.

1. Need the young tackles to have really improved in the offseason.
    2. Needed the OC to have learned from his mistakes last year.

After 1 game it's pretty clear neither happened. I'm not completely giving up after just a week but I'm close.

If the OL played well and the OC called a good game and Dalton threw 4 picks anyways I'd feel better. Knowing that sometimes guys just have bad games. But that wasn't the case at all.

As much as any game 2 is a must win, this one feels like it to me. That was as uninspired a performance in an opener as I have seen since Lebeau was the HC and they looked spooked from the jump.

One bit of good news... Texans have 5 guys in concussion protocol, including all 3 TEs. At WR, Jaelen Strong comes back from suspension... he isn't good anyway, and they have a few scrubs after Hopkins. And they haven't decided on a QB although I expect Watson to get the call. Also, Brian Cushing is on concussion protocol and he's unlikely to play. That can help the running game, although the Texans still have a hella D and as we saw, the Bengals OL is truly offensive.