Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Who Are The Bengals Scouting? 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Possibly. I would think guys who work for NFL teams are smart enough to know this is a smokescreen. It seems that way to me.
    Well, by all accounts the team that's shown the most interest in Jackson is New England. So, if you're a team like the Jags or the Saints you know you have to get ahead of New England at #23, and of course there sits Cincy at #21. And there's the rub because regardless of if they think the Bengals interest in Jackson is a smokescreen the only thing that really matters is finding a way to get ahead of New England.

Myself, I love the idea of trading back, especially if the Bengals are planning on drafting an interior offensive lineman. IMO they could even ask for less than full trade compensation...pick up a pick....and after sliding back a few spots still get the same player they were going to draft at #21.

Now they are saying on twitter that he counts as a local visit, not as one of the 30.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Cincy Jungle says Martinas Rankin recently visited.

https://t.co/26igLYVb9S

Now they are saying on twitter that he counts as a local visit, not as one of the 30.
    Even if so, that’s still significant. He didn’t have to attend.

With Dalton coming up for contract renewal in a year or so, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think they would consider a QB early. He’s been solid, nothing more (2015 being the outlier... he was great until hurt) and if they take a QB now, he can learn behind Dalton and hopefully be ready if they cut the cord with Andy... or be useful trade piece if they don’t.

Not saying it will happen but it seems like they are willing to look at a “clean slate” and entertaining more options than before.

Thought this was interesting... a "leaderboard" for 2018 Pro Days... has best 40 times, 3-cone, vert, 225s, etc.

Understanding that Pro Day results vary (different tracks, etc.) vs. Combine, it's still worth a look. Interestingly, a lot of the top performances aren't coming from guys who are highly ranked by draft pundits. It'll be interesting to see where these guys end up... probably a lot of priority FAs by teams looking to coach up guys with speed, athleticism, etc. For example, there's a guy named Rico Gafford, a CB from Wyoming that I've never heard of... crazy speed. But he's not ranked within the top 50 available CBs by NFL Draft Scout.

http://www.draftscout.com/members/ra...draftyear=2018

FWIW the Saints keep popping up as a team very interested in drafting Lamar Jackson, and as a result are considered by some to be a strong candidate to move up in the draft. Bengals might be able to drop back to #27 and pick up a 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    FWIW the Saints keep popping up as a team very interested in drafting Lamar Jackson, and as a result are considered by some to be a strong candidate to move up in the draft. Bengals might be able to drop back to #27 and pick up a 3rd round pick.
    if McGlinchey is gone and we can get one of the top 3 centers I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    if McGlinchey is gone and we can get one of the top 3 centers I am all for it.
    Best guess is the Bengals would drop back to #27 and pick up the Saints 3rd rounder at #91. Saints may want a late rounder thrown in to make up the shortage in value but the Bengals don't have a 6th round pick this year. Call it close enough or offer next years 6th rounder.

Bengals could definitely drop back and get on the top 3 centers, but admittedly it might cost them their first choice. But still sounds like a risk worth taking just to add the pick at #91. Would give them 5 picks in the top100.

I’m hoping the saints trade in front of us to get that QB off the board so we can get McG.

I’m hoping the saints trade in front of us to get that QB off the board so we can get McG.
    Best case scenario the Bengals drop back to #27 and take the same player most have them picking at #21, James Daniels. Or Price.

Because adding a 3rd rounder just for moving back 6 spots and all of my moaning about drafting a 1st round center happily goes away.