Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Tyler Eifert could have season-ending back surgery

  1. #11
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Paul Dehner Jr.Verified account @pauldehnerjr 22m22 minutes agoMore


    [/FONT]

    I know people like to take shots due to all his injuries, but hard not to feel awful for Eifert. No more helpless feeling in sports.
    I was coming here to bring up a similar tone. At this point I feel bad for him. He has to love playing football. He also has to want to maximize his earning potential... And now, I don’t know what he can earn, or if he can ever play again.

    It has to scare the crud out of the guy.

  2. #12
    Tough news... he’s had back issues since ND and he hasn’t been able to shake them. Hope for his sake he’s able to resume his career but he’s obviously a huge risk for any team and more importantly, for himself and his quality of life going forward.

    From the Bengals’ perspective, they have some good TE depth so let’s hope they continue to develop. Next men up.

    Hope Tyler gets well. Bengals’ rehab team led by Cosgrove gets high marks, so maybe that’ll do the trick and he can play next year. But as some others have said, I would find it hard to believe it’d be anything other than a 1-year “prove it” deal.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I was coming here to bring up a similar tone. At this point I feel bad for him. He has to love playing football. He also has to want to maximize his earning potential... And now, I don’t know what he can earn, or if he can ever play again.
    Well, there's the rub because maximizing his earning potential is just another way of saying he still hopes to fool a team into offering a free agent contract he won't live up to.

    And if that sounds harsh then remind yourself how only recently did contract extension talks with the Bengals break down....no doubt because Eifert was demanding to be paid exactly as if he were completely healthy. How much guaranteed money do you imagine he and his agent were demanding despite both having full knowledge of his medical condition?

  4. #14
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Well, there's the rub because maximizing his earning potential is just another way of saying he still hopes to fool a team into offering a free agent contract he won't live up to.

    And if that sounds harsh then remind yourself how only recently did contract extension talks with the Bengals break down....no doubt because Eifert was demanding to be paid exactly as if he were completely healthy. How much guaranteed money do you imagine he and his agent were demanding despite both having full knowledge of his medical condition?
    I wasn’t thinking about the future. I was thinking about how he bet on himself this offseason in an effort to maximize his earning potential. Whatever the Bengals highest offer was has to be spiraling through his head right now. Poor kid is watching everything he's worked for slip through his fingers...

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I wasn’t thinking about the future. I was thinking about how he bet on himself this offseason in an effort to maximize his earning potential. Whatever the Bengals highest offer was has to be spiraling through his head right now. Poor kid is watching everything he's worked for slip through his fingers...
    I'm not entirely unsympathetic. However, I'm not about to shed tears for a 27-year old multi millionaire who would rather shut things down now in the hope of being ready to go in March, when free agency begins. I guess I'm old fashioned enough to think he should continue rehabbing with the goal of returning this year to the team currently paying him a salary of nearly 5 million dollars.

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    3,334
    Now that he’s on IR, I wonder what the team does with his spot.

  7. #17
    with Hewitt also injured and looking out for Pittsburgh, I gotta imagine it's a TE.

  8. #18
    I could see them bringing Lengel back. He is on the Browns practice squad.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgBengal View Post
    I could see them bringing Lengel back. He is on the Browns practice squad.

    possibly, though he literally just signed with Cleveland today. I imagine he wouldn't pass up a roster spot though.

  10. #20
    Eifert using the same doctor who did Rob Gronkowski and Peyton Manning's back surgeries.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •