Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All things Marvin

Josh McDaniels Wikipedia says he is the Head Coach of the Giants LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDaniels

Joshua Thomas McDaniels (born April 22, 1976) is an American football coach who is the Head Coach of the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL).

New York Giants[edit]
    Following the 2017 season, the Giants fired head coach Ben Mcadoodoo and Jerry Reach, and hired Josh McDaniels as the teams 18th head coach and Nick Caserio as the GM.

I had forgotten about his Video Tape Scandal

Videotaping scandal[edit]
    Further information: 2010 Denver Broncos season ยง Videotaping scandal
    On November 27, The Denver Post reported the Broncos were under investigation from the NFL, after it was reported that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations hired by McDaniels in 2009, videotaped a San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough practice, during the teams' Week 8 game at Wembley Stadium in London, England.[12]

The same day, the NFL fined the Broncos and McDaniels $50,000 each, and Scarnecchia was fired as a result of the incident. Scarnecchia told NFL investigators he acted alone and "knew it was wrong" to tape the walkthrough practice, after the rest of the Broncos' staff had left the stadium. Scarnecchia later presented McDaniels with the six-minute video, but McDaniels declined to view it, and it was not shown to any other Broncos staff member, and therefore the NFL determined the Broncos had not gained a competitive advantage from it. An anonymous source alerted the Broncos on November 8, who conducted an internal investigation before alerting the NFL. NFL Security then began its investigation, which included a forensic analysis of the computer from which the recording was later deleted by Scarnecchia.[13] Both the NFL and the Broncos determined that McDaniels knew nothing about the incident.[14]

However, the NFL fined McDaniels due to the fact that he did not immediately report the incident to the league office, as required by policy. The NFL also fined the Broncos, as "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."[13]

McDaniels later issued the following statement:[15]

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization. I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

According to The Denver Post, the videotaping incident was a major factor in McDaniels' firing a week later; while the Broncos did not deem it something that merited being fired for cause, they considered his failure to report the incident "unforgivable."[14]
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 10-23-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Interesting name here.

Marquand Manuel

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/13/fu...attle-seahawks

A long shot hire would be Justin Fuente. He was Andy's OC at TCU where he turned Andy into a good QB. He developed Paxton Lynch into a first rounder at Memphis. I am sure it would help Andy to have someone he is comfortable with and had success under. It could be a situation like the Rams have. McVay doesn't deal with the defense much. He just let's Phillips handle the D and he focuses on developing Goff and the offense. Keep Gunther and the staff the same and then let Fuente focus on helping Dalton and the offense. It's long shot and could be a risky hire but I think it would help Dalton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Josh McDaniel makes a ton of sense but there has to be a reason he doesn't already have a job. I don't like Bellicheat at all but the success is obvious and for some reason those guys aren't getting jobs.
    He may be one of those guys who's a great OC but not a good HC. His time in Denver wasn't very good.

I like Vrabel's demeanor. He's a no-nonsense, tough guy but guys like Mike Tice and Tom Cable have had that rep and didn't do much. There's a lot more to being a HC than being a good assistant. There's play calling, being the spokesperson for the team, in-game management (clock, etc.). Not sure how well suited Vrabel is in those areas.

I do like Hue and I wonder how the Browns would be if it weren't for the bumbling front office they've had. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Simmons getting a shot. I like his preparation and intensity. Smart guy, knows the roster. Overall has had some really good ST units.

If John Harbaugh gets the axe in Baltimore, I'd take him for sure.

EDIT: I hope it doesn't happen, but I recall when Marvin got the job, Mike Brown reportedly wanted Mike Mularkey. I'm guessing he's on thin ice in Tennessee, and I don't like him so I hope MB doesn't go that way should Mularkey come available.

Also, Arians may come available in AZ. Maybe he will get a mulligan because of the injuries the team has sustained, but I think he's a good coach. Former OC who had a lot of success in Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by texbengal; 10-23-2017 at 01:34 PM.

I am listening to his press conference. Dear lord that man triggers my rage.

Basically Marvin just said that Hill starts each half because he's seen things that Mixon hasn't seen yet and he wants Mixon to get in the flow of a game.

It was word salad.

He's just so ****ing uninspiring. Re: AJ not getting the ball - "we have to get our fits right".

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgBengal View Post
    A long shot hire would be Justin Fuente. He was Andy's OC at TCU where he turned Andy into a good QB. He developed Paxton Lynch into a first rounder at Memphis. I am sure it would help Andy to have someone he is comfortable with and had success under. It could be a situation like the Rams have. McVay doesn't deal with the defense much. He just let's Phillips handle the D and he focuses on developing Goff and the offense. Keep Gunther and the staff the same and then let Fuente focus on helping Dalton and the offense. It's long shot and could be a risky hire but I think it would help Dalton.
    I'd love to see them go this route for Fuente or someone similar. The thing this team needs most is an injection of offensive creativity and a really bright offensive mind who can adjust to the opponents' game plan. We just fall apart after half. The opposing D adjusts and we don't have any counter-adjustments.

If they do hire a defensive-minded coach (like Vrabel), I'd at least like to see a bright young OC brought in. Maybe from the college level. Moorhead from Penn State or Day from OSU are two names that come to mind but I'm sure there are other innovative young guys. Would like to see us think out of the box like the Gruden hire.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I won't repost my ranting from other threads. I stand by that ranting. I have been on the fire Marvin train since 2007 (HoF may remember, that started on another board), and here we are 10 years later. I was right then, but it hasn't mattered. Mike Brown gonna Mike Brown on stuff like this.
    Yeah, I can confirm you were one of the first to call for his head. Myself, I didn't reach my breaking point until the House Money draft of 2015. I hated the way they passed up the trade offer with Arizona, and I hated the players they selected. I told everyone from my barber to my accountant to fans online how I didn't think Ogbuehi was worthy of a 1st round pick and Fisher wasn't worthy of a 2nd. At the time I don't think a single poster on GoBengals agreed with me. Instead, seemingly everyone wrote replies pointing out how old Whit was and the need for new OT's...as if I didn't already know. And then to make it all worse Marvin immediately started patting himself on the back yammering about betting with house money.

That's when I finally found my hatred for this coaching staff. 2015. When I finally realized they were as blissfully ignorant as they were arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I do like Hue and I wonder how the Browns would be if it weren't for the bumbling front office they've had.
    IMO the Browns are losing because of Hue. Consider their latest loss against a sleepwalking Titan team. The only reason Tennessee scored first in that game was because Hue didn't accept a 15 yard penalty that would have pushed the Titans out of FG range and put them in a 3rd and 16 situation. Instead, Hue turned the penalty down and the Titans happily put up 3 points.

He's a terrible head coach IMO, and I think he's lost control of his team. 2 weeks ago Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt had to be disciplined for missing meetings due to late night partying....and the following week his rookie starting QB was taped partying late into the night only hours before kickoff.