Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All things Marvin

All things Marvin

Figure this is going to be a common theme the rest of the year. So might as well have one thread to talk about Marvins potential firing or not resigning of his contract. Or if you just want a good old fashion hate fest on the guy.

Per a Steelers beat writer (and I know you have to take it with a grain of salt since it was from a Steeler guy, but still):

There were playings laughing, joking, and having a good old time in this locker room after the game. The star linebacker had many jokes and told them loudly to the delight of some of his teammates and they laughed and joked back at him. That was the Bengals locker room at Heinz Field Sunday and that is surprising because they had just lost.
    These guys dont care. They dont have a coach that has any credibility any more. A well coached team would never be laughing it up after an embarrassing loss to a rival.

Its an embarrassment to the bengals, embarrassment to the city...he has to ****ing go. I wont support this team any more until that happens.

So, who would you have replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    So, who would you have replace him?
    Are you kidding me? Anyone. This team needs an enema.

I won't repost my ranting from other threads. I stand by that ranting. I have been on the fire Marvin train since 2007 (HoF may remember, that started on another board), and here we are 10 years later. I was right then, but it hasn't mattered. Mike Brown gonna Mike Brown on stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Josh Mcdaniels would probably be my number 1 option. Not sure if he'd leave or not.

Hue I would consider if the browns fire him. Doubt they will though.

I personally would prefer to go with an offensive minded coach that has some swagger to him. I'd keep Guenther on at D unless the new guy wanted to bring his own guy in.

I'd probably let the new coach keep Dalton for a year but make his own decision on whether he wanted to keep andy long term or go out and draft a new qb.

And I'd spend almost all of my FA money on the OL. Let Eifert, minter, bodine etc all walk.

Jim Bob Cooter would be another one I'd consider.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    OK. So who are you interested in? Who are the top candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Josh Mcdaniels would probably be my number 1 option. Not sure if he'd leave or not.

Hue I would consider if the browns fire him. Doubt they will though.

I personally would prefer to go with an offensive minded coach that has some swagger to him. I'd keep Guenther on at D unless the new guy wanted to bring his own guy in.

I'd probably let the new coach keep Dalton for a year but make his own decision on whether he wanted to keep andy long term or go out and draft a new qb.

And I'd spend almost all of my FA money on the OL. Let Eifert, minter, bodine etc all walk.
    I agree with all of this and Jim Bob.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nators-in-2017

The guy who stands out the most to me is Vrabel. Just seems like a hire we would make for some reason

6) Mike Vrabel, defensive coordinator, Houston Texans
    "Great football coach," Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said of Vrabel in January, via the Houston Chronicle. "Communicates well, very knowledgeable of the game."

Vrabel attracted some head-coaching interest from the Los Angeles Rams in this past cycle, but was eventually promoted from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator in Houston, a nod to how much he had to do with Houston's spectacular defense last year. With Vrabel still just 42, it seems like the former Pro Bowl linebacker (and three-time Super Bowl champ) is biding his time for the right job. Remember, he opted not to be Chip Kelly's defensive coordinator in San Francisco back in 2016 -- something that, to me, shows he is patient for the ideal opportunity and not just the first one.

While he'll immediately be associated with the horde of Belichick castaways that currently populate the coaching landscape, Vrabel also has a 14-year NFL playing career (some of which was spent under Cowher) to draw from.
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 10-23-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Josh McDaniel makes a ton of sense but there has to be a reason he doesn't already have a job. I don't like Bellicheat at all but the success is obvious and for some reason those guys aren't getting jobs.