Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline: Who would you trade

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    This is the Bengals logic I don't doubt it. I think the Patriots are much smarter.
    The Patriots are smart not to settle for a comp pick, but they turned down a better offer for Garrappalo during the draft. My memory is fuzzy but I'm almost certain the Browns offered more than they just got.

Meanwhile, I just read the Seattle GM has been talking to Houston since preseason. Perhaps Duane Brown should have insulted the owner weeks ago. Seahawks already talking about a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The Patriots are smart not to settle for a comp pick, but they turned down a better offer for Garrappalo during the draft. My memory is fuzzy but I'm almost certain the Browns offered more than they just got.

Meanwhile, I just read the Seattle GM has been talking to Houston since preseason. Perhaps Duane Brown should have insulted the owner weeks ago. Seahawks already talking about a contract extension.
    IIRC the rumor was, they offered a first but it’s never been confirmed. Likely never will be. Latest suggests BB didn’t pull the trigger with Cle because of what happened when he was HC there. Regardless, 2nd round is decent value. With both Jimmy G and Brissett gone, Pats gotta hope Brady stays in one piece. They used their backs a ton last week - White, Lewis, Rex, etc.

trade deadline is today at 4pm. Seems really early this year. Or maybe its just that I've always felt it should be 2 weeks later.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    trade deadline is today at 4pm. Seems really early this year. Or maybe its just that I've always felt it should be 2 weeks later.
    Used to be week 6. They changed it to week 8. It's still too early. Should be week 10 or 12 if they continue to have it at all. Can someone explain why it's needed at all?

Ajaji to the Eagles for a 4th. This trade deadline is further exposing the bengals as the backwards facing mental incompetents that they are.

Cant trade backup QB if your in contention and need to hold on to Hill!

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    IIRC the rumor was, they offered a first but it’s never been confirmed. Likely never will be. Latest suggests BB didn’t pull the trigger with Cle because of what happened when he was HC there. Regardless, 2nd round is decent value.
    Actually the rumor I heard was a 2nd and couple of mid round picks spread out over two years. No 1st round pick offered despite the Pats ridiculous asking price at the time. In short, no big deal (Pun intended) but it always stuck in the back of my mind because of what it might have meant in regards to McCooter's trade value. Put me in the camp that doesn't think McCarron is worth what many Bengal fans seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Cant trade backup QB if your in contention and need to hold on to Hill!
    Whose going to give anything for Hill? He hasn't shown anything in a few years and has a half a season left on his contract. Teams are much better off waiting until the off-season and signing him for peanuts and not giving up a pick. I'm sure if the Bengals had been offered any kind of asset(s) for Hill, they would have pounced yesterday. Takes two sides to tango and I'm thinking there are 31 teams not wanting to tango.

Dolphins also looking to trade Jarvis Landry. But they are 4-3? Don't they know that they are in the playoff hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Whose going to give anything for Hill? He hasn't shown anything in a few years and has a half a season left on his contract. Teams are much better off waiting until the off-season and signing him for peanuts and not giving up a pick. I'm sure if the Bengals had been offered any kind of asset(s) for Hill, they would have pounced yesterday. Takes two sides to tango and I'm thinking there are 31 teams not wanting to tango.
    Who needs RB help and is a playoff contender?
    Bills-Yes
    Lions/Vikes-Maybe

I find it hard to believe the Bills wouldn't float us a 5-7th rounder so that Mike Tolbert wasn't their starter if McCoy gets hurt.