Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline: Who would you trade

Trade Deadline: Who would you trade

Trade deadline is coming soon. Who would you trade if you were in charge.

1. Hill. It's an obvious one: Bills seem like a good fit. Very thin at RB but seem like sellers.
    2. Lafell. Chiefs seem like a decent fit. Bills actually wouldnt be a bad fit either
    3. Ogbuehi. Send him to the Eagles !
    4. McCarron. Dolphins

1. I would trade Hill but I would be shocked if the team did. He is the "starter" and the team will just take one their beloved comp picks for him when he walks in the offseason.

2. I would not trade Lafell. He is needed. Boyd is hurt, Ross has only played one snap and hasn't proven he can stay healthy, Malone is an unknown and Erickson is only a slot guy. Outside of Green, Lafell is the only vet receiver that you can really trust on the outside at this point. He may not be flashy but he can have solid games. Maybe you trade him in the off season if Ross shows you something and Malone shows upside but no way do you trade him now.

3. Why trade Ogbuehi? That's crazy. Yes he stinks right now but there is zero depth at tackle and he is needed. Keep him around and hope he develops some the rest of the season and more in the off-season while looking for his replacement in the off-season. If they find a replacement, hopefully they do in the off-season, then he can be a back up with starting experience next year.

4. I would not trade McCarron unless blown away with an offer. I can't see the team trading him now if they didn't trade him this past off-season. Also, while this team is unlikely to make the playoffs, there is still a chance they could win four out of the next five and get back in contention. Don't trade a quality backup QB while there is still a chance unless the offer blows you away.

If McCarron ends up being a UFA after this year we have to get something for him now when our season is over.

Trading Ogbuehi is just cutting ties with a player that in his 3rd year doesn't seem worth it. It's time to start trying new things. Boling at C, Boling at RG, Boling at LT who knows. Sticking with the line we have been is fruitless. Dalton clearly doesn't believe in it. He gave up in the second half last game.

LaFell is a veteran that is just in the way for guys like Boyd-Ross-Core and Malone developing. He doesn't do us any good.

I doubt we get comp picks this year. We don't have good enough players being taken. It's the offseason where we should be buyers.

Who would you be interested in trading for?

Joe Staley comes to mind. He is 33 but a solid LT. Could help solidify the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    If McCarron ends up being a UFA after this year we have to get something for him now when our season is over.

Trading Ogbuehi is just cutting ties with a player that in his 3rd year doesn't seem worth it. It's time to start trying new things. Boling at C, Boling at RG, Boling at LT who knows. Sticking with the line we have been is fruitless. Dalton clearly doesn't believe in it. He gave up in the second half last game.

LaFell is a veteran that is just in the way for guys like Boyd-Ross-Core and Malone developing. He doesn't do us any good.

I doubt we get comp picks this year. We don't have good enough players being taken. It's the offseason where we should be buyers.
    O
    I would absolutely consider trading Hill but I don’t think it’d happen and besides, you won’t get much for him... maybe a 6th round pick. He hasn’t been good the last 2+ years, so it’s not like he doesn’t come with some risks. He’s had one good year and it was as a rookie.

McCarron -we won’t know whether he’s a free agent until after the year is out. If they get blown away with an offer, sure I’d listen but I do not see it happening. And besides, Andy might get killed in the coming weeks (see Jacksonville), so you want a good backup available. Driskill is still on IR and further, he has zero real game QB experience.

Ced -yes he hasn’t improved to where you want, no question - but you won’t get isht for him. He’s improved a bit and I’d let the season play out, unless there’s a better alternative somewhere. Which I doubt. I like Andre Smith OK but I still think it’s early to pull the plug on a guy who is really in his second year, and first playing LT. Joe Staley WAS a good player but the last few times I watched him, he was bad. He’s not going to get better. Ced, OTOH, might.

Lafell, you keep. He’s not great, but he’s solid and you have a bunch of talented, unproven guys behind him... who need to get snaps, but other than AJ, who do you have... especially now? Boyd and Core are hurt, Ross hasn’t seen the field at all, and Malone has played sparingly in one game. Eifert is out and Kroft looks pretty good but again, not much of a track record. With a relatively easy schedule the rest of the year, don’t you want to give your QB some “proven” weapons -with whom the QB has some trust (even if they aren’t the explosive kind) in an effort to potentially get back in the wild card race?
    Last edited by texbengal; 10-28-2017 at 09:42 AM.

I think that our takes are at odds due to one disagreement. I think the season is over. If the season is over you don't need lafell and your backup qb doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Bengalbro; 10-29-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Bills have 5 tackles and no depth at WR or RB. We have LaFell who is pointless on a team that isn't winning and Hill who we want to get rid of. Obviously they won't net Cordy Glenn, but maybe one of the others? Seems worth a discussion

I don't expect anything to happen but I'm still interested in Duane Brown. And no, I don't care a bit about his war of words with team owner Bob McNair. Hopefully it helps facilitate a trade and a lower price.

A guy to be looking at who will be a Free Agent is Chris Hubbard. He is a backup OL for the Steelers but has been starting at RT with Marcus Gilbert out. They are not going to be able to pay him and we can offer him a starters role. Steeler nation has done some nice writeups about him.

You sign him and then Draft McGlinchey and we are a center away from a decent line.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...berts-problem/
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...obility-table/

As far as a Bills trade. Maybe Seantrell Henderson. He is a FA after this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I think that our takes are at odds due to one disagreement. I think the season is over. If the season is over you don't need lafell and your backup qb doesn't matter.
    This. Especially as it pertains to AJ Mac.