Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Five Stages of 49er Fandom

The Five Stages of 49er Fandom

0-1 Denial: "Hey the offense will gel, the D will get it together, getting beat to death by a division rival is no big deal, these things happen in division games..."

0-2 Anger: "Fire the coaches! Bench the safeties! BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALEX SMITH!"

0-3 Bargaining: "Hey, come on guys, just win one and I'll buy season tickets I swear. I voted yes on the stadium dudes."

0-4 Depression: "I can't believe I drank that kool-aid. My god I'm an idiot. This team is a black hole of suck"

0-5 Acceptance/Resignation/Black Humor: "At least we get another high draft pick. We can grab the next Alex Smith!"

What's 0-11?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    What's 0-11?
    In a healthy cycle life continues on after acceptance. Sometimes folks get stuck at anger, denial or depression (usually denial or depression, it's hard to get stuck in an active emotional state).

At 0-11 I'll have fully embraced Acceptance and the fact that a full purge will happen in the front office along with a potential #1 pick. When you root for a loser the draft is more fun than the regular season

Try covering your ears, clutching your eyes shut and saying "Five Time Super Bowl Champs!" over and over? Or does that just turn back to "Kill Alex Smith, Kill Alex Smith...."?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

What are stages 6-9,9999? We Lions fans have been searching for this scripture since, well, **** me....

Maybe there is an LA Clippers fan out there with an enlightened answer...

No.

**** me twice.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

MuscleMan, you've obviously never read the book. You can vacillate between denial and depression infinite times. It's not necessarily a linear progression.

Have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    You can vacillate between denial and depression infinite times.
    Hush Brawny-Z. You're ruining my moment of acceptance.

Blog Entries
    So, if the Niners go 0-16 and denial and depression are at 0-1 and 0-4, respectively, is it reasonable to assume four full cycles or denial and depression with no acceptance or moments of pure joy?

We should ask Lions fans about this. I bet they know.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Clem, two words for ya'...zan ex.

Currently in Kansas, but was born and raised in Sacramento, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    0-1 Denial: "Hey the offense will gel, the D will get it together, getting beat to death by a division rival is no big deal, these things happen in division games..."

0-2 Anger: "Fire the coaches! Bench the safeties! BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALEX SMITH!"

0-3 Bargaining: "Hey, come on guys, just win one and I'll buy season tickets I swear. I voted yes on the stadium dudes."

0-4 Depression: "I can't believe I drank that kool-aid. My god I'm an idiot. This team is a black hole of suck"

0-5 Acceptance/Resignation/Black Humor: "At least we get another high draft pick. We can grab the next Alex Smith!"
    Hahahaha, With all seriousness this was my sunday.
    (Quote from Bill Walsh that I love)
    “We have a lot of players in their first year. Some of them are also in their last year.”