Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL mock draft: Updated 3-round projections after trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    they don't need a LB, they just need to play the young ones they have.
    Minter and maybe Rey both gone. They do need to play Evans more but I could see an early pick at LB

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I've only watched half the game so far but Hyatt looks better today especially as a pulling blocker in the run game. That said, he can't handle Chubb. Chubb flips sides often and in this game he worked plenty against the ORT, but he still managed plenty of pressure against Hyatt without doing anything more than run the arc. Just too fast for Hyatt.

Also of note, Chubb is a little like Burfict in the way he dabbles in the extra stuff. He's already been flagged for a personal foul for hitting the QB around the neck and he flirted with an unsportsmanlike foul by grabbing the QB's towel 3 times. Who does that?
    Yep Chubb was doing his share of chirping and other stuff. Maybe cuz it was a high profile game but he doesn’t need to do that, for sure. But he’s impressive in the several games I’ve watched. Not only athletic as heck but he’s got a real high motor.

I think if I were running a team, I would almost only ever draft tech was in centers. With the expectation that some of them will be able to convert to guard. Unless it is just a can't miss guard prospect

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yep Chubb was doing his share of chirping and other stuff. Maybe cuz it was a high profile game but he doesn’t need to do that, for sure. But he’s impressive in the several games I’ve watched. Not only athletic as heck but he’s got a real high motor.
    Yeah, he's awesome. I still don't understand what he was doing with the towel antics but he stopped after they warned him and Hyatt couldn't handle him when they were matched up. But I'm guessing that might have been on only a third of the snaps as Chubb lined up everywhere, including inside. Hyatt's lean and moves really well when pulling to the right. Also, Tyrone Crowder looks big and sloppy and didn't impress much but to his credit he threw the critical block on the biggest run/play of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The defensive line talent in that game was crazy impressive....including Clellin Ferrell of Clemson. I think he's only a 2nd year guy but he's big and thick and no matter his age he's a man amongst men IMO. A name to remember maybe.

Really fun game to watch and the 2nd week in a row where I've watched NC State lose to a much better deeper team. That said, they've got some talented players, from Chubb to a receiving corp stacked three deep with the type of tall powerful wideouts the NFL covets.

Yeah, he's awesome. I still don't understand what he was doing with the towel antics but he stopped after they warned him and Hyatt couldn't handle him when they were matched up. But I'm guessing that might have been on only a third of the snaps as Chubb lined up everywhere, including inside. Hyatt's lean and moves really well when pulling to the right. Also, Tyrone Crowder looks big and sloppy and didn't impress much but to his credit he threw the critical block on the biggest run/play of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The defensive line talent in that game was crazy impressive....including Clellin Ferrell of Clemson. I think he's only a 2nd year guy but he's big and thick and no matter his age he's a man amongst men IMO. A name to remember maybe.

Really fun game to watch and the 2nd week in a row where I've watched NC State lose to a much better deeper team. That said, they've got some talented players, from Chubb to a receiving corp stacked three deep with the type of tall powerful wideouts the NFL covets.
    Yep on Ferrell... still developing but upside-wise, he looks like he could be a monster. NC State is really talented, not just up-front on D but overall. I like some of the Clemson receivers, too, although perhaps they don’t have the NFL potential that the Wolfpack guys do.

Yesterday was a great day for CFB as I watched parts of Clem-NCSt, K-St-Texas Tech, Norte Dame-Wake, USC-Wash St, Penn St-Mich St, OSU-Iowa, and Bama-LSU. Some really great games.

I'm starting to understand all of the mock drafts that have the Bengals picking a safety.

Williams was garbage today...and Iloka was worse.

I'm starting to understand all of the mock drafts that have the Bengals picking a safety.

Iloka stunk. Williams too until he got hurt. I could actually see Fedj playing more.

Our safety play isn't what is making this team awful right now. Nothing else matters until we can get the O-line to at least mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Our safety play isn't what is making this team awful right now. Nothing else matters until we can get the O-line to at least mediocre.

it's why it kind of makes me root for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are essentially the Bengals with a good oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post

My point was it's becoming easier to understand why mockers who focus on BPA are going to project players like Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James to the Bengals. Williams and Iloka simply aren't good enough for anyone to automatically reject the idea of considering an upgrade.

Furthermore, focusing too much on pure need while ignoring better players who play other positions is exactly how the Bengals ended up with Ogbuehi and Fisher in the first place.

So how about we at least consider drafting BPA in the 1st round for once? For all we know it'll be Quinton Nelson, a guy you don't seem to want simply because he doesn't play OLT.