Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL mock draft: Updated 3-round projections after trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Yeah, he's awesome. I still don't understand what he was doing with the towel antics but he stopped after they warned him and Hyatt couldn't handle him when they were matched up. But I'm guessing that might have been on only a third of the snaps as Chubb lined up everywhere, including inside. Hyatt's lean and moves really well when pulling to the right. Also, Tyrone Crowder looks big and sloppy and didn't impress much but to his credit he threw the critical block on the biggest run/play of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The defensive line talent in that game was crazy impressive....including Clellin Ferrell of Clemson. I think he's only a 2nd year guy but he's big and thick and no matter his age he's a man amongst men IMO. A name to remember maybe.

Really fun game to watch and the 2nd week in a row where I've watched NC State lose to a much better deeper team. That said, they've got some talented players, from Chubb to a receiving corp stacked three deep with the type of tall powerful wideouts the NFL covets.
    Chubb was the guy who I was really banging the drum for us to get last year. I haven't watched a lick of CFB this year, but I'm glad to hear he's doing well, particularly your mention of his speed, which, if he had a knock, was probably it.

I'm starting to understand all of the mock drafts that have the Bengals picking a safety.

Williams was garbage today...and Iloka was worse.

Just posted this in the game thread. Just terrible. I'd say Iloka was worse by virtue of the greater playing time, as I don't know if any player could accept more individual blame for a team's loss than Williams' 1st quarter play. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Chubb was the guy who I was really banging the drum for us to get last year. I haven't watched a lick of CFB this year, but I'm glad to hear he's doing well, particularly your mention of his speed, which, if he had a knock, was probably it.
    Well, he was too fast for Hyatt. By comparison I don't recall him doing much against the Irish a week earlier. But as mentioned, against Clemson I was impressed with his versatility. He lined up everywhere, got steady pressure, and he defends the run. I think he's got something like 17 TFL so far.

For all you Nelson fans, peep this:

https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/statu...29194510106625

But seriously, look at that tweet. I mean, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    He just mauls people. I know Gs don’t get picked too early typically but a great one can do so much for offense. The first clip reminds me of Bengals blockers who don’t have their heads on a swivel and get their QB killed.

Look at what guys like Zack Martin, Yanda and DeCastro can do. Neutralize guys and make big blocks that spring runners for good gains.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    For all you Nelson fans, peep this:

https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/statu...29194510106625

You're preaching to the choir, brother. But yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I say he's better than his teammate McGlinchey...who is no slouch himself. But IMO Nelson is asked to do more than McGlinchey and as you can see for yourself...he's capable of performing at a very rare level.

Also of note, amongst the reader replies is one from our own Joe Goodberry (Yes, please.) and one from a fan who wonders if Nelson could play OT. I've wondered the same and I'm pretty sure Nelson has filled in from time to time when McGlinchey was injured.

Last, you just know Mayock is going to pimp the kid hard over the coming months...further reducing the odds of him falling out of the Top5.

He’s a beast. But will the Bengals take a guard that early? And we already know even if they do they won’t re-sign him. I still want McGlinchey.

You're preaching to the choir, brother. But yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I say he's better than his teammate McGlinchey...who is no slouch himself. But IMO Nelson is asked to do more than McGlinchey and as you can see for yourself...he's capable of performing at a very rare level.

Also of note, amongst the reader replies is one from our own Joe Goodberry (Yes, please.) and one from a fan who wonders if Nelson could play OT. I've wondered the same and I'm pretty sure Nelson has filled in from time to time when McGlinchey was injured.

Last, you just know Mayock is going to pimp the kid hard over the coming months...further reducing the odds of him falling out of the Top5.
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to convert anyone, as that was the first I had seen him and knew you all had been all over how good he is. That clip was football sexy.