Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL mock draft: Updated 3-round projections after trade deadline

2018 NFL mock draft: Updated 3-round projections after trade deadline

By: Luke Easterling | 5 hours ago

This year’s NFL trade deadline featured a flurry of action we’re not used to seeing, with a handful of big names finding new homes, and plenty of draft picks changing hands.

Some of these bigger deals could have a significant impact on teams’ offseason plans, including what they do with their early picks in the 2018 NFL draft.

With that in mind, let’s take another stab at predicting the first three rounds, using the latest updated draft order.

11. Cincinnati Bengals | Quenton Nelson | G | Notre Dame
    The interior of the Bengals’ offensive line is just awful, and it keeps them from taking full advantage of their playmakers. Nelson is the rare guard prospect worthy of top-10 consideration.

43. Cincinnati Bengals | Kendall Joseph | LB | Clemson

75. Cincinnati Bengals | Frank Ragnow | C | Arkansas

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...de-deadline/2/

3 rounds without a LT is a fail.

I don't follow the college football prospects like a lot of you guys do, but LB doesn't seem to be the need it has been since forever.

I was an advocate of the seven LB draft for several years...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    3 rounds without a LT is a fail.
    It's the first mock I've seen with Nelson going to the Bengals, and it probably won't be the last. But to your point about OLT the very same mock has McGlinchey going one spot after we pick Nelson.

I actually prefer Nelson so I think they got it right.

they don't need a LB, they just need to play the young ones they have.

Matt Miller just posted a new post trade deadline mock draft. The Bengals draft Quinton Nelson at #11.

To quote Tom Petty...."Oh my my. Oh hell yes."

I'd be there banging the drum with you if I thought they would re-sign him after his fifth year option. After everything is said and done though, I think he's going to go before we pick. All-pro talent from day one. Wish we could bring Josh Adams with him.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    I'd be there banging the drum with you if I thought they would re-sign him after his fifth year option. After everything is said and done though, I think he's going to go before we pick. All-pro talent from day one.
    I can't make myself worry about not re-signing him after his rookie deal expires. Hopefully losing Zeitler has taught this team a lesson. Not to mention facing DeCastro year after year after year. But I do share your concerns about Nelson not being there if the Bengals draft outside of the Top10. Guards rarely go that early but IMO he's a rare talent and I think the closer we get to the draft more and more people are going to realize it.

Also, I've already set my DVR to record the NC State/Clemson game. Looking forward to watching offensive lineman Mitch Hyatt and Tyrone Crowder again. Hyatt is often ranked as a fringe 1st rounder but I wasn't impressed when I watched him against Virginia Tech. Should be interesting watching him work against Chubb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    they don't need a LB, they just need to play the young ones they have.
    Completely agree!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Also, I've already set my DVR to record the NC State/Clemson game. Looking forward to watching offensive lineman Mitch Hyatt and Tyrone Crowder again. Hyatt is often ranked as a fringe 1st rounder but I wasn't impressed when I watched him against Virginia Tech. Should be interesting watching him work against Chubb.
    I've only watched half the game so far but Hyatt looks better today especially as a pulling blocker in the run game. That said, he can't handle Chubb. Chubb flips sides often and in this game he worked plenty against the ORT, but he still managed plenty of pressure against Hyatt without doing anything more than run the arc. Just too fast for Hyatt.

Also of note, Chubb is a little like Burfict in the way he dabbles in the extra stuff. He's already been flagged for a personal foul for hitting the QB around the neck and he flirted with an unsportsmanlike foul by grabbing the QB's towel 3 times. Who does that?