Thread: Bengals sign Marshall Koehn, waive Derron Smith

Bengals sign Marshall Koehn, waive Derron Smith

Posted by Charean Williams on November 4, 2017, 1:18 PM EST

The Bengals signed kicker Marshall Koehn. They waived safety Derron Smith in a corresponding move.

Kicker Randy Bullock strained his back Monday, prompting the Bengals to sign Koehn as insurance.

Koehn, a first-year player, originally signed with the Dolphins as a college free agent out of Iowa in 2016. Miami waived him before the start of the season, and he was not with a team last season.

He played in all four of the Vikings’ preseason games this summer, but Minnesota waived him Sept. 2.

The Bengals made Smith a sixth-round choice in 2015. He played in three games this season, making one special teams tackle, and has played in 31 games in his career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-derron-smith/

Rebecca Toback‏ @Rebecca_Toback 28m28 minutes agoMore

Former #Bengals safety Derron Smith went unclaimed on waivers. Bengals may look to get him back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Rebecca Toback‏ @Rebecca_Toback 28m28 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Former #Bengals safety Derron Smith went unclaimed on waivers. Bengals may look to get him back now.
    [/FONT]
    Surprising to me but I guess maybe he’s not highly regarded around the league. I would have thought he’s at least better than some back of the roster guys elsewhere. ‘Course, he’s been hurt and he’d have to to go on a team’s 53 -and he likely wouldn’t be able to play much, if at all.