Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Personnel decisions

Cincy Jungle is like a cheap version of the old bleacher report. Lol, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I don't know why I'm posting this:

[FONT="]Cincy Jungle‏ @CincyJungle 1h1 hour agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]#Bengals should try Cedric Ogbuehi at WR or TE, because why not?

https://t.co/q2IpBrxr3D

[/FONT]
    I would try him at safety. With his size, you could bring him down in the box and he could be a great run defender. We have seen he has the ability to flip his hips and run. We see it every week as he is chasing after DEs that run by him so he could finally be someone that could cover a TE.

Derron Smith added to the ps. Then terminates his contract to become a free agent.

And he signs with the Browns.

The single most idiotic and frustrating personnel decision is the Head Coach.

[QUOTE=Bengals1181;300029]I don't know why I'm posting this:[/B]

Feels like a desperate cry for help....or just another example of normal Bengal fan venting.

I can never tell them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Our front office has really bungled quite a bit since this offseason started.

1. Didn't re-sign Andrew Whitworth: This was a complete no brainer. It's proved to be the most important position on the team because Dalton is so afraid, he's broken. That has directly led to AJ Green being so frustrated he decided to fight Jalen Ramsey. Regarding Ogbuehi, gambling on a player because you overdrafted him was idiotic. Even if you couldn't sign Whitworth before he left you had the franchise tag. Just franchise him and move forward. Then they re-signed Kirkpatrick to a huge deal which looked a lot like Panic. Kirkpatrick is a capable CB but he is not worth the salary we gave him. Plus we had 2 first rounders already on the roster and Adam Jones and Josh Shaw.

Yeah, they screwed this up and it was a huge mistake. I think they felt that with a "fair" offer he would want to stay because he has been captain so long and was so established in the community.

2. Outside Free Agency: Signed Kevin Minter which was ok but there was clearly a reason that they Cardinals didn't want him. Wanted to give him long term contract that he didn't take, thankfully. He has been a non factor all season and should be upgraded in the off season. Signed Andre Smith to have him play Guard. He was either bad or didn't really want to play guard, so he was moved back to tackle. That forced us to start Trey Hopkins who had been on the practice squad and injured his first few years. They otherwise completely ignored the OL.

Fair. They didn't really have a good Plan B when Whit left other than hoping Ogbuehi figured it out.

3. Drafting John Ross in Rd 1 and not an OL: If you don't have tires on your car you don't need a spoiler. 3 Rookie LTs are starting right now and doing fine. We ignored the position and it cost us an entire season. I don't care if you like John Ross or not, and I don't care if you think that pick 9 was too early for any of those 3 starting LTs, the reality is not drafting one cost us the season. That becomes even more obvious when John Ross is a healthy inactive week 9 of his rookie season. And your coach says something like "I forget where he is drafted when all of you ask questions constantly about when he will play."

I thought they should have traded down and taken the KC deal. Would have allowed them to take Ramczyk or Robinson. Once they didn't take the deal, I don't really like the idea of reaching for a guy who probably had a round 2 grade (crap OL class) in the top-10 overall. I liked the idea/scouting report of John Ross a lot. He just might not be who they thought he was. It would be a huge asset to have a Brandin Cooks caliber speed WR opposite AJ right now. That's what they thought they were getting.

4. Drafting Jake Elliott in Rd 5: You should never ever draft a kicker. It should be a rule. The odds of them sticking and/or being good right away are none and you just waste a pick. Then cutting him was even more dumb.
    Many of the top kickers were drafted by their teams. Gostkowski is a prime example. Harrison Butker was a 7th rounder for the Chiefs this year and is killing it for them. Elliott is obviously pretty good and doing well for the Eagles. It's a 5th rounder and they thought they had their long-term answer at a problem spot. Bullock had a surprisingly good camp and Elliott had a surprisingly bad camp. It is what it is.

5. Cutting Derron Smith and keeping Redmon just to make him inactive: I don't care if he comes back and is re-signed. Throwing him out there was as dumb and short sighted as it gets. He is playing fine and the OL is terrible.
    He's been kind of a non-factor. Meh

6. The nothingness we have seen on the O line:Not trying to trade or sign a player and being unwilling to shuffle things to see if something else works has been brutal.
    Seems like they've tried just about everything in terms of what they have on the roster. Not due to a lack of imagination there. Would be nice to see someone brought in from outside but there isn't much in the way of viable options. There are more starting OL jobs in the NFL than quality OL.

7. The Browns nontrade: Trying to trade AJ McCarron is great and what they would have gotten is great. But wouldn't have any of you taken a 2nd from the browns on it's own? For a player we may lose for nothing this offseason? Why were we so stubborn that it even came down to that ending?
    They got a great deal done and the Browns screwed it up. Props to our front office for fleecing them. Deals go down to the deadline consistently.

Butker was drafted by the Panthers

I still don't get God idea that a starting LT isn't worth the number 9. Bolles. Ramzcyk. And Robinson have all started from day one.

Weird. I can still remember plenty of details about the proposed trade with the Cardinals the Bengals turned down in 2015, but I have to admit I'm drawing a blank on a trade offer from Kansas City last year mentioned above. In fact, only a day or two ago Marvin claimed they drafted Ross at #9, in part, because the team hadn't received any offers to trade down. IMO the implication was they had knowingly reached for Ross because WR was a need.

So I guess what I'm asking is...was the Chiefs trade offer real or mere rumor? And if was real what was the compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Weird. I can still remember plenty of details about the proposed trade with the Cardinals the Bengals turned down in 2015, but I have to admit I'm drawing a blank on a trade offer from Kansas City last year mentioned above. In fact, only a day or two ago Marvin claimed they drafted Ross at #9, in part, because the team hadn't received any offers to trade down. IMO the implication was they had knowingly reached for Ross because WR was a need.

So I guess what I'm asking is...was the Chiefs trade offer real or mere rumor? And if was real what was the compensation?
    I believe it's inferred because they traded into ten