Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A.J. Green will not be suspended

A.J. Green will not be suspended

Posted by Charean Williams on November 6, 2017, 4:24 PM EST

The NFL will not suspend Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green for his ejection Sunday.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans, who was not ejected for shoving Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore, is the only player the NFL will suspend for actions in this week’s games. Evans received a one-game suspension.

Green, though, can expect a fine.

Green lost his cool in the waning seconds of the first half, placing Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey in a chokehold, throwing him to the ground and punching his helmet. Green said he snapped because of repeated cheap shots he felt Ramsey was taking.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-suspended/

Wonder if Evans got suspended because he didn’t lose any time on Sunday, but AJ and Ramsey did miss a half. Was still kinda surprised that AJ didn’t get a game.

The hit from behind on AJ from Myles Jack was pretty egregious as well.

Good. I'm going to this game and if I had to sit through 60 min of no-chance-in-hell-we're-scoring offense I might consider scalping my tix and doing something touristy in Nashville instead!

I am frankly shocked. I thought that was a slam dunk suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I am frankly shocked. I thought that was a slam dunk suspension.
    I did too, but if the Burfict stuff teaches us anything it's how important a players prior reputation is when factoring punishment. Greens rep has been stellar. Jalen Ramsey has already begun crafting a reputation as a punk and the refs made clear the reason he got tossed was because he was the instigator.

Unless the NFL was willing to suspend Ramsey as well, something I suggested, it's difficult to send a better message.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    Good. I'm going to this game and if I had to sit through 60 min of no-chance-in-hell-we're-scoring offense I might consider scalping my tix and doing something touristy in Nashville instead!
    There isn’t anything touristy.

J/k. Cool town. Vanderbilt campus is beautiful. Almost walked into a tree there years ago... was walking around the campus and saw a lot of attractive coeds, and wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.

Went to Nashville for my bachelor party. The bachelorette parties were something else. I actually wanted to make my way down there for this game. Awesome town.

He’s apparently still under review for a fine after he responded to Ramsey’s shove in the back with a headlock and punches. Bengals left end Carlos Dunlap hopes they can catch fire from the usually reserved Green.

“I hope it does. What A.J. showed was his passion for the game,” Dunlap said. “He’s already admitted he did it the wrong way. He let it get the best of him. But having that is something we can appreciate. Especially on defense where you can relieve some of that by hitting somebody. Legally.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...c-25c4a9666874

Andy BenoitVerified account @Andy_Benoit 4h4 hours agoMore

Have heard several people around NFL privately say #Bengals WR A.J. Green is soft. Jalen Ramsey latest, did it publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Andy BenoitVerified account @Andy_Benoit 4h4 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Have heard several people around NFL privately say #Bengals WR A.J. Green is soft. Jalen Ramsey latest, did it publicly.
    [/FONT]
    Far more accurate to say Ramsey said it privately and promptly got his butt whipped. Don't really care what he's saying to reporters now.