Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals place Jake Fisher on non-football illness list

Jake Fisher to have procedure to correct irregular heartbeat
    Posted by Josh Alper on November 9, 2017, 7:49 AM EST

When the Bengals placed right tackle Jake Fisher on the non-football illness list on Wednesday, coach Marvin Lewis said Fisher “needs to not be playing a contact sport for a period of time” but didn’t elaborate on the nature of the problem that Fisher was dealing with.

Lewis had more to say during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Ross Tucker on Thursday morning. He said that Fisher is dealing with an irregular heartbeat and that the tackle will have a procedure this week to try to correct it.

Lewis said on Wednesday that he doesn’t think the issue will keep Fisher from playing in the future, although Fisher’s inability to play right now suggests that any long-term forecasts would seem to be linked to the success of the procedure.

Fisher, a 2015 second-round pick, had to leave last Sunday’s game early and go to the hospital. He is in his first year as a full-time starter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lar-heartbeat/

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    O-line gets some seasoning
    Houston, home of the World Series champion Astros, just lost a fall baseball coach. But it was out of the six-year-old division, where Eric Winston coached his son until this week when the Bengals called him back to provide depth for an offensive line still trying to find its way when the second half of the season starts Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 19) in Tennessee. The Bengals’ youth movement up front has slowed considerably now that Winston, their second-oldest player who turns 34 next week, is back in the fold, right tackle Andre Smith, 30, assumes the starting right tackle position he had for eight seasons until they let him go to free agency two years ago, and Jake Fisher’s first season as the starting right tackle ends with an undisclosed illness.
    I think they forgot to add the word “bland” to the article title. He was getting beat like a drum in practice at TC, from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bengal View Post
    Jake Fisher to have procedure to correct irregular heartbeat
    Posted by Josh Alper on November 9, 2017, 7:49 AM EST

When the Bengals placed right tackle Jake Fisher on the non-football illness list on Wednesday, coach Marvin Lewis said Fisher “needs to not be playing a contact sport for a period of time” but didn’t elaborate on the nature of the problem that Fisher was dealing with.

Lewis had more to say during an appearance on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Ross Tucker on Thursday morning. He said that Fisher is dealing with an irregular heartbeat and that the tackle will have a procedure this week to try to correct it.

Lewis said on Wednesday that he doesn’t think the issue will keep Fisher from playing in the future, although Fisher’s inability to play right now suggests that any long-term forecasts would seem to be linked to the success of the procedure.

Fisher, a 2015 second-round pick, had to leave last Sunday’s game early and go to the hospital. He is in his first year as a full-time starter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lar-heartbeat/
    Not that I’m defending the local media, but why does Marvin always seem to open up more with national scribes? If I were the local media, it’d tick me off.

Glad Jake is getting it fixed. Btw, wouldn’t this have been something that would have been detected prior to his being drafted? Just wondering. I know these guys get very thorough physicals.