Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns sign Derron Smith off Bengals’ practice squad

Browns sign Derron Smith off Bengals’ practice squad

Posted by Charean Williams on November 9, 2017, 3:12 PM EST

The Browns signed defensive back Derron Smith off the Bengals’ practice squad. The team waived defensive back Ibraheim Campbell with an injury designation in a corresponding move.

The Bengals selected Smith in the sixth round of the 2015 draft. He appeared in 31 games with Cincinnati, making seven tackles, one pass breakup and six special teams tackles.

He played three games this season before the Bengals cut him and re-signed him to their practice squad Nov. 7.

Campbell has appeared in 37 career games with 11 starts for the Browns. He made 15 tackles, one pass breakup and one fumble recovery in eight games this season.

He injured his hamstring in Wednesday’s practice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-squad/

I liked Derron but IMO Fedj outplayed him so I don’t blame him for looking for a new start elsewhere.

BTW Campbell would be a solid depth guy at S as well.

Think the only memory I'll have of him is Jason Witten tossing him to the ground as a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Think the only memory I'll have of him is Jason Witten tossing him to the ground as a rag doll.
    Yes his most memorable “attempt” for sure. One of the better stiff arms you’ll see. And then there’s LeVeon Bell on Dre this year.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I liked Derron but IMO Fedj outplayed him so I don’t blame him for looking for a new start elsewhere.

BTW Campbell would be a solid depth guy at S as well.
    Listening to the BBP2 today Jim O thinks this may be an issue that they really liked the safety they drafted this year and once the kicking situation gets back to one guy they will activate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Listening to the BBP2 today Jim O thinks this may be an issue that they really liked the safety they drafted this year and once the kicking situation gets back to one guy they will activate him.
    I hate that podcast so much. Both guys are terrible.

I actually think Jim O. is really good. Meh on Denher. Jim O. gives out a lot of valuable information via reddit.

I actually think Jim O. is really good. Meh on Denher. Jim O. gives out a lot of valuable information via reddit.

yea I like both. Easily the best of the locals now that Coley Harvey is gone.

Jim O is very active and accessible on social media. Always responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    You mean Brandon Wilson? If so, yes, I’m looking forward to seeing him. He basically missed all of training camp. Elite athlete.

Dehner is annoying but he seems to have his finger on the pulse. Jim O as well, although he’s a poor interviewer.

I listen to the podcast but I typically don’t get too much from it.