Thread: Reports: Vontaze Burfict won’t be suspended

Reports: Vontaze Burfict won’t be suspended

Posted by Josh Alper on November 13, 2017, 11:07 AM EST

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict found himself back in hot water on the field Sunday when he was ejected from the team’s loss to the Titans for making contact with an official.

PFT reported later on Sunday that the league would consider suspending Burfict, who has twice served three-game suspensions for violating the league’s player safety rules. The action and context of Sunday’s ejection as well as Burfict’s history of infractions were to be involved in the decision-making process.

The action consisted of Burfict pushing an official’s hand away from him while the official was keeping Burfict and Titans players away from each other during some post-play jawing. While there was contact, it wasn’t over the top and Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Media both reported on Monday that Burfict will not be suspended as a result.

Burfict will be subject to a fine if the league feels one is warranted for his behavior on that play or for an unnecessary roughness penalty he picked up shortly before his ejection.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-suspended/

The action consisted of Burfict pushing an official’s hand away from him while the official was keeping Burfict and Titans players away from each other during some post-play jawing. While there was contact, it wasn’t over the top and Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Media both reported on Monday that Burfict will not be suspended as a result.
    Even that's not an accurate description.

Good. It was an absolute joke of a penalty. I have seen numerous players over the years push an offical’s hand away like that and nothing get called. Hopefully Burfict will start getting fair treatment from the officials.

I won't defend Burfict's actual transgressions, but I can now point to two games this season where the below is true.

Teammate: LB Burfict being provoked by refs

A Bengals player says he has heard officials cursing at Vontaze Burfict on multiple occasions, and there is video that shows officials coming into contact with the Cincinnati linebacker three times in the past four games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I won't defend Burfict's actual transgressions, but I can now point to two games this season where the below is true.

Teammate: LB Burfict being provoked by refs

A Bengals player says he has heard officials cursing at Vontaze Burfict on multiple occasions, and there is video that shows officials coming into contact with the Cincinnati linebacker three times in the past four games.
    I don't consider it a conspiracy but he's definitely living on the edge, and it wouldn't shock me if some baiting is going on. Not fair, but for him, he's earned the scrutiny as many have said... and all the more reason for him not to push it. Problem is, he can't seem to help himself.

If he really is a leader of the team, act like it - and don't put yourself, and your team, ahead of your own stupidity and selfishness. Like, maybe if it'd been him trying to prevent DeMarco Murray from crossing the goalline on Sunday (instead of Vinny Rey), he wouldn't have scored. Who knows what might've happened. Instead, he's sitting in the locker room, fuming. Really sick of him, honestly. He needs to focus on playing better... the last good game he had was a PS game against the Skins, for isht's sake.

What exactly is the rule for touching a ref, because
    39021CFF-EBCE-4F62-AF2F-99C64B1C1337.jpg