Thread: Nick Barnett Done For The Season?

Nick Barnett Done For The Season?

Nothing official has been released by the Packers yet, but Adam Schefter is reporting that he's done for the season after suffering the same injury Brian Urlacher did last season:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/26611530557

Barnett is set to see a doctor on Friday to get a second opinion, and made the statement that he felt fine once he wrapped and taped the wrist, so who knows. At the moment though, with the loss of Morgan Burnett for the season and possibly losing Nick Barnett too, this is shaping up to be one hell of a rough week for the Packers.

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like Desmond Bishop will get a chance to show he's the guy he's been saying he is. I'm most concerned with the depth, being as Chillar may also be done for the season (third shoulder injury is four years, I believe). Likewise, Chillar is getting a second opinion. Likely they'll elevate Maurice Simpkins from the taxi squad, oops I mean the practice squad (young people saying "What's a taxi?"). Time for AJ to step up. The Packers need Bigby and Starks and Harris to contribute quickly when they come off the pup. Is that asking too much? Maybe. Main thing is, Green Bay needs to score points. Piles of them. Nothing helps a defense like a fourteen point lead.

I agree I think we're in for a rough couple of weeks on defense. Unfortunately I don't believe our PUP guys will be able to hit the ground running right off the PUP list. I think they're gonna need a week or two to get into football shape, and that's if they're fully rehabbed right off the list. Man, I'm hoping so..

Blog Entries
    If NickCollins can't play, or play effectively, we'll see Charlie Peprah and Martin or Bush (believe it or not, I think Bush would be the better choice, DMartin has no ball skills). I'll bet McNabb is doing one of his little dances as we speak. A lot is going to be on AJ Hawk to get guys in position, although they say Peprah is pretty smart. I wonder if Dom will go with the base, or try to come up with a scheme. They could play Big Okie, but without Chillar I don't know if the other inside backers can handle it. Expect Simpkins to be accurate. From the Green Bay Blizzard to the Green Bay Packers. That's a heck of a story, hope the kid makes good.