Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft 4.0: If Darnold comes out, does he go before Rosen?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Kiper's new big board is out, but mostly paywalled - anyone able to see it?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/in...spects-ranking

About a week ago he put out a ranking of his top 10 players at each position. Worth the read and shouldn't be too hard to find. In fact I was able to see the list only because several writers included Kiper's full list in their own articles.

A very early mock draft from a guy I follow on twitter:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/tuls-201...-bowl-edition/

He gives the Bengals Vita Vea...

A very early mock draft from a guy I follow on twitter:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/tuls-201...-bowl-edition/

He gives the Bengals Vita Vea...
    No fat chicks. Bengals already have Sims and Billings.

Arden Key. Because Ziggy Ansah probably isn't coming.

Also of note, in the mock draft Iowa's James Daniel goes 26th...ahead of Billy Price as #1 OC.

Read a cryptic message on NFL Draft Reddit today saying that Matt Miller was saying on his podcast that a story about Arden Key will drop or make its way to scouts that will not shine good on him.

I honestly think it will be McGlinchey. Bengals value tackles and Mike fills a void as a road grader at RT for the next 10+ years. If they get lucky, he can handle the load at LT. Dream pick is Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    No fat chicks. Bengals already have Sims and Billings.

Arden Key. Because Ziggy Ansah probably isn't coming.

Also of note, in the mock draft Iowa's James Daniel goes 26th...ahead of Billy Price as #1 OC.

Key is talented and there's some Ansah in his game but he definitely comes with some red flags - e.g. injury, inconsistency, and motivation. I've heard some "pundits" question his compete level. Might be Barkevious Mingo revisited, or something good.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Read a cryptic message on NFL Draft Reddit today saying that Matt Miller was saying on his podcast that a story about Arden Key will drop or make its way to scouts that will not shine good on him.
    I haven't heard Miller's version but I did read an account based upon an interview with Key's father. It's believable. Admits his son made a bad situation worse by letting the pressure and frustration of the looming NFL draft get to him.

Depression may be a red flag for some but IMO it isn't a character risk. But unless there's more to the story I'm still interested, including at #12.

Schefter tweeted a screen shot of Kiper's 1.0 mock - he mocked the Bengals to picking Tremain Edmunds, LB, Va Tech. He had Nelson off his mock at #7 overall (1st lineman taken) and McGlinchy as first OT off the board at 11. He had 3 other tackles in his mock, Brian O'Neill at 16, Kolten Miller at 30 and Conner Williams at 31. He didn't have Brown in his first round mock 1. He gave the Browns Josh Allen at #1 overall...

Schefter tweeted a screen shot of Kiper's 1.0 mock - he mocked the Bengals to picking Tremain Edmunds, LB, Va Tech. He had Nelson off his mock at #7 overall (1st lineman taken) and McGlinchy as first OT off the board at 11. He had 3 other tackles in his mock, Brian O'Neill at 16, Kolten Miller at 30 and Conner Williams at 31. He didn't have Brown in his first round mock 1. He gave the Browns Josh Allen at #1 overall...
    So much to unpack....

Tremain Edmunds. He could be the perfect mix of need and BPA at #12.

Quentin Nelson. Kiper used to be one of those guys who dinged Nelson for being just a Guard. Now 7th overall.

McGlinchey. Buyer beware at the very top of the OLT class. I do agree McGlinchey and Conner Williams are both worthy of consideration at #12.

Williams is catch-22 I think. If he checks out medically he won't fall to #12. And if he doesn't...do you want him? What if you think he'll need a year? Ogbuehi isn't going anywhere as long as he's under contract.

Orlando Brown not being a 1st rounder is officially trending.

Brian McNeil is a converted TE. Moves great but lacks power.

Kolton Miller is the reason people ask about Josh Rosen's concussion(s).

Josh Allen to the Browns? I've heard worse.

Allen probably has the most upside of any QB in this class. But he also has the lowest floor of any of the first round guys not named Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Key is talented and there's some Ansah in his game but he definitely comes with some red flags - e.g. injury, inconsistency, and motivation. I've heard some "pundits" question his compete level. Might be Barkevious Mingo revisited, or something good.
    Brugler compared him to Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas. That'll do.

I'm dubbing it....Sacks-cinnati.

Best, no improbable free agent related hurdles to jump thru.