Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NFL Mock Draft 4.0: If Darnold comes out, does he go before Rosen?

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Brugler compared him to Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas. That'll do.

I'm dubbing it....Sacks-cinnati.

Best, no improbable free agent related hurdles to jump thru.
    I like Brugler - he's one of the better draft guys IMO. Originally from Ohio but he lives in the Dallas area now. He's got a podcast that's worth listening to... his partner on the podcast is a local sports radio guy who is a bit annoying, but Dane throws out some good draft intel. It's called "Trust the Tape."

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Allen probably has the most upside of any QB in this class. But he also has the lowest floor of any of the first round guys not named Mayfield.
    I really like Mayfield and I don't get the Johnny Manziel comps. Baker is cocky as hell, no doubt but he's got a really strong arm, reportedly is a great leader and teammate, and he wins... a lot. He doesn't have the physical attributes that Rosen, Darnold and Allen have but I think he's going to be really good. One of those guys that other teams hate but if he's on your team, he's your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I really like Mayfield and I don't get the Johnny Manziel comps. Baker is cocky as hell, no doubt but he's got a really strong arm, reportedly is a great leader and teammate, and he wins... a lot. He doesn't have the physical attributes that Rosen, Darnold and Allen have but I think he's going to be really good. One of those guys that other teams hate but if he's on your team, he's your guy.
    Short, athletic guy who has entitlement issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L6aZ7a8oIg

I think Baker will be the best quarterback in this class.

5. IMO, the move for the Browns is to take Barkley #1 and Baker at #4. NYG is taking either Darnold or Rosen. Indy is not taking a QB but would probably take Barkley if available. Maybe Indy trades down with someone who wants a QB, but it'll be one of Darnold/Rosen that NY passes on.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Short, athletic guy who has entitlement issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L6aZ7a8oIg
    Don't see the entitlement stuff. Wasn't highly recruited - he started at Texas Tech and left after a year... went to Oklahoma and didn't even tell anyone (Stoops, etc.) that he was transferring there. Showed up on campus, ends up starting there and broke all kinds of records.

Not saying he isn't cocky, but I wouldn't say his journey has been one of entitlement. He earned what he got, I think.

I’m not saying he can’t or won’t be a good QB. I just think he has the most just potential because of his maturity issues.