Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Year End Positional Review

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    The more I watch of Tremaine Edmunds (Va Tech), the more I like him.
    Seems to be a lot of that going around. He's showing up as a late 1st rounder now. Seems to have eclipsed injured Harold Landry as #1 OLB.

Landry just keeps slipping. He missed the last 5 games including a bowl. No draft momentum or buzz. Usually ranked in the 30's now. Sometimes later.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Seems to be a lot of that going around. He's showing up as a late 1st rounder now. Seems to have eclipsed injured Harold Landry as #1 OLB.

Landry just keeps slipping. He missed the last 5 games including a bowl. No draft momentum or buzz. Usually ranked in the 30's now. Sometimes later.
    If you switch to a hybrid or you want to be a 3-4, he's a guy you can't pass up imo.

I fear I may have undersold things. Just like that Matt Miller projects a run on.....linebackers.

Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds to the Raiders and Dolphins. Both off the board at #12. Rashaan Evans to the Chargers at #17.

Bengals get Q Nelson

I fear I may have undersold things. Just like that Matt Miller projects a run on.....linebackers.

Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds to the Raiders and Dolphins. Both off the board at #12. Rashaan Evans to the Chargers at #17.

Bengals get Q Nelson
    I might take Edmunds over Smith, but I'd gladly have either. Same for Nelson. Edmunds is really young (19, turning 20 this year), but his talent is very evident when you look at size, speed, and playmaking ability.

Interestingly, Hobs has D-Line, Tackle and Safety as his top priorities (latest article on Bengals.com) but says that because T is pretty loaded from rounds 2-4, they might wait and not take a round 1 tackle.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Rams season just ended. LA Times just did it's first feature on the draft. Biggest draft priority said to be finding a replacement for aging OLT Andrew Whitworth. Odds of finding a suitable replacement in the coming draft? Very poor. Reason? The Rams draft too late and believe there are only two OLT prospects capable of playing significant playing time in their rookie season. As a result all but the top two OT prospects were given 2nd round grades.