Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis returns with two-year deal

Lewis returns with two-year deal

Posted 10 minutes ago

Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com

Marvin Lewis signed a two-year deal Tuesday.
    Marvin Lewis, whose Bengals’ obituary has been penned by the national pundits for the last 16 days, offered his own re-write Tuesday when he signed a two-year deal to return that gave the team two unexpected finishes in the last 48 hours.

Although no other moves were announced it’s believed there’ll be changes to Lewis’ 16th staff in the coming days. If Lewis serves out his two-year deal, he’ll become just the fourth man in the Super Bowl Era to coach the same club for 17 straight seasons, joining Miami’s Don Shula, New England’s Bill Belichick, and Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher.

Lewis, 59, won his 125th game on Sunday when the Bengals knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs in stunning fashion on a 49-yard TD pass with 44 seconds left on fourth-and-12. That puts him in a tie for 26th on the NFL’s all-time victories list.

The Bengals came into this season as one of seven teams with at least six play-off berths dating back to 2008 with Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Seattle, and Baltimore.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...1-4a44604e2929

For ****ssake.

I thought for sure with all the extra money Mike spent on the 50th anniversary stuff and then the team goes out and plays bad, would be enough to get Marvin fired.

Disappointed that he is back but interested to see what kind of coaching changes there will be. Like a fool though, come September, I will be just as invested as in the past. I hope this time next year that Mike looks like a genius for bringing him back but that probably won't happen. This team has the talent to win and hopefully Marvin gets full control of some of the personal decisions and things will at least change on how we do things.

I'd have preferred to go a different direction. But it is what it is I guess.

Will definitely be interesting to see what comes of Marvin's lobbying. Hopefully we get some new guys on the offensive staff. And see some more aggressiveness in free agency.

More free agent activity, and changes to the staff are my biggest wants. The question for me is who are the O-line coaches available who would be better than PA.

7. Lol

Jagsguy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgBengal View Post
    I thought for sure with all the extra money Mike spent on the 50th anniversary stuff and then the team goes out and plays bad, would be enough to get Marvin fired.

Disappointed that he is back but interested to see what kind of coaching changes there will be. Like a fool though, come September, I will be just as invested as in the past. I hope this time next year that Mike looks like a genius for bringing him back but that probably won't happen. This team has the talent to win and hopefully Marvin gets full control of some of the personal decisions and things will at least change on how we do things.

This is where I'm at right now. Hopefully he got a lot of concessions on staff and personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    More free agent activity, and changes to the staff are my biggest wants. The question for me is who are the O-line coaches available who would be better than PA.
    Mine as well. I still don't expect to see a different approach to FA, but maybe I'll be surprised. I wonder if Alexander is finally let go? If so, the Chicago OL coach is highly regarded. I forget his name.

If Paul Alexander were somehow let go, that would mollify me a bit. But that won’t happen either.