Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Guenther leaving

Did he make a mistake not going with Zimmer or what? He's probably a shoe-in for a head coaching job if he does. I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Just too undisciplined on defense and the fact it took so long to put WJIII in there is absolutely baffling.

Interesting so many media people thought Paulie would have been David Shula 2.0 if hired here...now thinking he is the next great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Interesting so many media people thought Paulie would have been David Shula 2.0 if hired here...now thinking he is the next great thing.
    Not this guy... I think he was quite underwhelming. I think the Defense has done less with more since the day Zim went to much better things.

4. And, going by Lewis’ effusive praise of incumbent offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, he could be sticking with him, which is basically a new hire. Lewis gave his quarterbacks coach the OC duties five days and two games into the season after the Bengals failed to score a touchdown. But it sounds like there could be more moves on the offensive side of the ball to make his coordinator more comfortable as the Bengals try to scratch out of the No. 32 and last offensive ranking in the NFL.
    To hell with this. Nobody associated with this garbage ass offense ought to return. I can already see the Hobspin article about how our new QB coach and tight end coach or whatever is going to stabilize the offense and make Lazor more comfortable or whatever.

As far as Paulie goes, wouldn't miss him. Del Rio is Marvin's buddy and is available, bring him in.
    ORANGE n BLACK

5. aaaand.... woof.
    ORANGE n BLACK