Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asst Coaching News

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Ok. I saw lots of them last fall and I thought they were inept.
    I thought so to. I swear that was supposed to be a big reason for their issues.

2. Guenther is Gruden's guy, and Gruden is getting the Raiders job. They're just satisfying the Rooney rule before they make it official. I bet if you watched all the MNF broadcasts again you could pick the spot where he stopped caring, and that'll be right around when Mark Davis offered him the job under the table.

Jack del Rio is my hope for our new DC. He and Marvin are buddies. Would be a huge upgrade over Guenther IMO.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Bicknell used to play OL in college -don’t remember if he ever played professionally. His father was the long-time Boston College head coach. BC has sent a lot of OL to the NFL. If that means anything.
    His brother is a 49ers WRs coach

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Guenther is Gruden's guy, and Gruden is getting the Raiders job. They're just satisfying the Rooney rule before they make it official. I bet if you watched all the MNF broadcasts again you could pick the spot where he stopped caring, and that'll be right around when Mark Davis offered him the job under the table.

Jack del Rio is my hope for our new DC. He and Marvin are buddies. Would be a huge upgrade over Guenther IMO.
    I am completely on board with this. Also fills the coach in waiting role well as well.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Guenther is Gruden's guy, and Gruden is getting the Raiders job. They're just satisfying the Rooney rule before they make it official. I bet if you watched all the MNF broadcasts again you could pick the spot where he stopped caring, and that'll be right around when Mark Davis offered him the job under the table.

Yeah, Chucky's got the job, no doubt. He did a little ML-like dancing around when asked about it, but said he would "consider it strongly" if he was offered. Sure some of the delay may hinge around this:

"The Raiders are scheduled to relocate from Oakland to Las Vegas in 2020. Any major deal negotiated before then — be it quarterback Derek Carr’s five-year, $125 million extension last offseason, defensive end Khalil Mack’s extension this offseason, free-agent targets in March or Gruden’s deal now — are expected to take into the account this move when structuring the contract. California is home to the highest state income tax rate in the county. Nevada issues no state income taxes."

"It is possible Gruden’s deal will be backloaded to that effect."

What about that stuff about co-ownership?:

As for ownership, Gruden confirmed that feature is not part of talks.

“There’s no truth to that at all,” Gruden said. “I heard (ESPN personality) Stephen Smith screaming at me on TV yesterday on one of his shows. There’s no validity to that at all. None. Zero. That’s a nice segment that I saw, but no, no ownership. That’s for sure.”

Mike Tice was Del Rios OL coach.

You add Mike Tice and Del Rio and someone else nice as the QB coach and I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Mike Tice was Del Rios OL coach.

You add Mike Tice and Del Rio and someone else nice as the QB coach and I am excited.
    Yes - Tice was/is a solid OL coach. I like Bill Callahan, too - he's done a good job as an OL coach pretty much everywhere he's been. I think he's on the Washington staff.

At QB coach, I know it won't happen but I thought Zampese was a good assistant. He just blew chunks as an OC.

McCaskey back as RB coach.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post

I thought the exact same thing watching the Monday night game against the Stealers. I thought it had more to do with the state of today's NFL than anything else...

QB coaches. We are falling under the realm of guys who I saw play. 1) I am feeling old. 2) I think they seem more interesting because I know their names from their playing days. Regardless....

1. Alex Van Pelt-Packers
    http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/...7-7c97864bfb99
    2. Byron Leftwich-Cardinals
    http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coac...3-5e40948aa911

I wouldn't have even put Leftwich because he is so young but in a recent list that ESPN did asking people who they would want to be the coach of their NFL franchise he got a vote. Seemed interesting to say the least.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...augh-leads-way

3. Wade Wilson
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/co...er/wade-wilson