Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Asst Coaching News

1. Matt Raich added to the defensive staff, following Austin from Detroit. He was a DL assistant there.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/1...staff#comments
    ORANGE n BLACK

Apparently we hired Green Bay’s QB coach

It’s another frickin’ homerun hire.

Jeff WallnerVerified account @JeffWallner 2h2 hours agoMore

Marvin Lewis on Van Pelt: “I am excited about the quality of teaching expertise he brings to the role and prior experience. I look forward to him working closely with Andy Dalton to continue to raise his level of play.” #Bengals

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 2h2 hours agoMore

Also on the offensive side, #Bengals retain Dan Pitcher, who moves over to assisting the QBs from the wideouts and Robert Couch, who remains as an assistant for the offensive line.

Lance McAlisterVerified account @LanceMcAlister 2h2 hours agoMore

Van Pelt comes to #Bengals from the Green Bay Packers, where he served as quarterbacks coach since 2014. He also coached wide receivers (2015) and running backs (’12-13) during his time at Green Bay.

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 3h3 hours agoMore

Here’s a look at the bond New #Bengals QB coach Alex Van Pelt had with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Some up there felt he would get a shot as an OC.

https://t.co/n1gGjBEIvU

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 3h3 hours agoMore

Clarification on the addition of Matt Raich to the #Bengals defensive staff - he’ll assist on the defensive line while Marcus Lewis will move to assist with linebackers.

8. Gotta say, I feel good about these coaching moves. The Bengals under Marvin have always been the sum of their assistant coaches and coordinators. We might just have a nice rebound year in 18.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 3h3 hours agoMore

Here’s a look at the bond New #Bengals QB coach Alex Van Pelt had with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Some up there felt he would get a shot as an OC.

[/FONT]

https://t.co/n1gGjBEIvU
    Wonder why he was fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Jeff WallnerVerified account @JeffWallner 2h2 hours agoMore

Marvin Lewis on Van Pelt: “I am excited about the quality of teaching expertise he brings to the role and prior experience. I look forward to him working closely with Andy Dalton to continue to raise his level of play.” #Bengals

Jim OwczarskiVerified account @JimOwczarski 2h2 hours agoMore

Also on the offensive side, #Bengals retain Dan Pitcher, who moves over to assisting the QBs from the wideouts and Robert Couch, who remains as an assistant for the offensive line.

Van Pelt is a good get as QB coach - I remember when he played. Although one wonders what he was doing with the backup QB, Hundley, who really didn’t look good when Aaron Rodgers got hurt.

Interesting move with Pitcher. Now that he’s working with the QBs, I’ve heard he’s officially changing his first name. He’s now “Pocket Pitcher.” Rimshot please.