Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asst Coaching News

Bengals Asst Coaching News/Hires/Re-hires

Thought we should collect it all in one thread.

Lazor is back.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...d-c2f05520ee2d
    Last edited by membengal; 01-03-2018 at 02:13 PM.

lol more second half shutouts.

Not sure on how I feel about Lazor. At some points they looked really good. Others they looked awful.

I'm also a fan of continuity.

I woild have been fine with a change but at the same time I think that when things were awful it was mostly due to the Oline.

fix the Oline and running game and I think the offense will be fine.

Impossible to judge him much from 2017. The OL was a train wreck and he took over somebody else's offense midseason and could only change so much.

The big thing I worry about is whodeyjc's point about the lack of second-half adjustments. There were so many games where the offense started out surprisingly well and then did absolutely nothing after halftime. Have to think a lot of that has to do with the OC not making good halftime adjustments, though it was at least as bad in 2016 as well.

Reading between the lines of Marvin's statements, it really sounds like Paul Alexander is gone. His replacement will be a crucial hire and could determine the fate of this team over the next few years.

I am ok with Lazor coming back - the first few games were SO bad, he got them better from there and taking over mid-stream was a tall ask. I would have been ok with them moving on, too.

IF alexander is really gone, then I will actually be okay with how this played out. Maybe it would be a sign that Alexander talked them into Ogbuehi/Fisher and is the one to pay the price. And maybe Alexander was the one being stubborn in not playing Westerman or making room to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Reading between the lines of Marvin's statements, it really sounds like Paul Alexander is gone. His replacement will be a crucial hire and could determine the fate of this team over the next few years.
    Giants had a good one and have 2 solid free agents from that line available.

8. What other Offensive Line coaches of any worth are out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Giants had a good one and have 2 solid free agents from that line available.
    Their OL was worse than the Bengals. if that's possible. That said, Richburg at C would be a huge upgrade over Bodine.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigre View Post
    What other Offensive Line coaches of any worth are out there?
    Supposedly Jeremiah Washburn of the Bears (now fired) is very good.