Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First team All Pro Left Tackle

First team All Pro Left Tackle

Andrew Whitworth.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh......

Yep. It sure helped that the Rams were media darlings with their season, young coach, dynamic runner, QB who lit it up in 2nd year, etc., and being in the LA market also.

Good for him. Bengals blew it.

Had he played for us this year, he would have been a second alternate in the pro bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethmw View Post
    Had he played for us this year, he would have been a second alternate in the pro bowl.
    Exactly! i was thinking the same thing

5. Honestly though, there's only one question: Does Andrew Whitworth improve this team enough to win three more games and make the play offs?

Quote Originally Posted by Enon Bengal View Post
    Honestly though, there's only one question: Does Andrew Whitworth improve this team enough to win three more games and make the play offs?
    Not likely. I thought Lap’s comments in Lance’s show re OL play were interesting. One thing he said was the the running game started clicking when they moved away from running mid-zones, and he also felt that Alex Redmond could be a solid RT because he’s their best drive blocker.

He didn’t say directly but it was clear to me that he felt like Alexander needed to go, or at the very least they needed to change things up, up-front.

Quote Originally Posted by Enon Bengal View Post
    Honestly though, there's only one question: Does Andrew Whitworth improve this team enough to win three more games and make the play offs?

They only would have needed two I think, but yes.

This team lost four games (Texans, packers, titans, steelers) by four points or less. I dare say they win at least three of those with Whit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    They only would have needed two I think, but yes.

This team lost four games (Texans, packers, titans, steelers) by four points or less. I dare say they win at least three of those with Whit.
    I agree with you. I believe Whit improves the worst unit on the team enough to win three more close games.

Haven't watched the whole game but whit is really struggling vs the Falcons. At least 4 pressures on the parts I've watched.

Packers and Titans game, we were winning until their final drive